Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Box

7 REPLIES 7
diane46
Conversation Starter

I’ve just received an email telling me I will be getting a new TV Plus Box. Apparently my current box is no longer supported by the software updates and that I’ll be receiving it in the next 7 days.  Is this true, a new box without asking for one? 

D R Walters
ferguson
Community Star

It seems plausible, is your current box a DN 370T model?

John_G
Problem Solver
We have a DN 370T model YouView box and have received the same email. It looks perfectly genuine.
diane46
Conversation Starter

I’ve absolutely no idea, I’ve had it a few years though.

D R Walters
diane46
Conversation Starter

Great, thank you.

D R Walters
webwiz
Conversation Starter

I got the email too. I am grateful, particularly as the old one has developed some faults, but what about all the stuff I have got recorded? It will take me months to watch it all and in the meantime I will probably want to record other stuff so I will never get to a point when I can change over. Any ideas?

ferguson
Community Star

@webwiz Just set up your new box to deal with day-to-day viewing and new recordings going forwards. And connect your existing box separately to watch your archive material.

diane46
Conversation Starter

Luckily I haven’t got a huge amount recorded and I’ve noticed a lot of it is repeated anyway. If you’ve got loads, it’s going to take you ages. Can you keep swapping the boxes over, watch a couple on your old box, then record your new one 😂😂. It’s awful if you’ve really got things that you’d like to keep.

D R Walters