Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Picture freezes

7 REPLIES
cglover2
Wizz Kid

There are quite a few variations on this issue in the Community sso I thought I would start my own thread.  The TV still works and I think the remote is still working (Can switch the box off and on and various other button pushes appear to change things) but the picture remains unchanged. Appears to happen a lot when we go into "My TV" i.e. recordings, the list of recordings can be seen but this picture remains, sometimes it is just a blank screen.  The only way to recover appears to be switching of at the plug.

Any suggestions?

bluetba
Team Player

Not going to be able to help, but I have the same issue and so does someone else I know, I ended up buying a smart switch that connects to the internet, with this I can schedule my box to be powered off at 4:20am and then back on again at 4:22am - not ideal but has been much better.

I bought a SZMDLX Smart Plug - the reason I bought a smart plug rather then a standard timer plug was that if you have any power cuts the time on the normal plug will end up wrong and it may end up turning off during the day eventually, this connect to the internet so will always be correct.

Community Team

Hi cglover2

If this behavior continues after the box has been powered off then try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

cglover2
Wizz Kid

Thanks for the advice, it has been happening on a daily basis now.  Have performed the actions suggested this afternoon, I'll monitor and report back in the next few days.

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

cglover2
Wizz Kid

It went for just over a week but today 'MyTV' has frozen twice!! From the MyTV summary page everything recorded will not play (Just goes to a blank screen and does not play).  Only solution, as before, is to switch off at the plug and after a while switch back on again.  Once this is done, I can go into 'MyTV' and recorded programs will play as normal.  As mentioned, this happened twice today and is getting so frustrating having to wait through the start up process each time.  Surely this must indicate a problem??

bluetba
Team Player

I feel your pain, this is happening to two boxes that I know of , since having this plug that turns the power off evernight for 1 minute it has been so much better .

Just wish talk talk would sort it properly, think it needs more people to complain. 

cglover2
Wizz Kid

It's now been a week since I posted the update of the youview box issue.  It has happened several times in the past week.  If it helps further sympton update is that when this happens, anything that has recorded succesfully cannot be watched (played back) when you try it just shows a blank screen with the counter at the bottom moving (sometimes it moves sometimes it remains still!). Also when in this state anything scheduled 'fails to record'. 

After switching off and switching back on, everything works fine again (for a while), including being able to watch the recorded programme that couldn't be watched previously!

I notice in a post chain on the 'multiroom trial' that the 633 router was updated to v2.0 to overcome issues with the box, would an update for me help!! OCE please help.

BTW I note the suggestion to have a timer switch the box off and on again during the night (Thanks for that) but really this shouldn't be necessary should it??