Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Plus box, cannot view any channels, YVM102 error code

9 REPLIES 9
DrWheetos
Team Player

Problem started 20:00 on 12/08/2020.

When trying to view any programme (free TV or subscription), the picture shows the message "Please check your box and router are connected, then restart your router".  Error code YVM102.

I have restarted both the box and router separately several times, including this morning (13/08/2020) but YVM102 still persists.

I have replaced the short Ethernet/Cat5 cable from the TV box to the router and restarted the boxes.  This hasn't fixed the issue.

I have gone into the Settings menu in the TV box, selected Broadband Connection and tried to reconnect to the router.  That fails saying "no internet connection".

Broadband internet works fine.

I have logged into the Router's console and taken a look at the web page that shows wired connections.  It is showing 2 IP addresses, both are for my computers that are wire connected to the router.  I would have expected to see another IP address for the TV box but there isn't one.  I wonder whether that's an indicator that the TV box Ethernet circuits are faulty which is stopping the TV box from connecting to the router?

Can you send a replacement TV box?

hallergard1
Team Player
Are you able to retune?
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DrWheetos

did you also try another ethernet port on the router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

DrWheetos
Team Player

I am able to retune and can see and view terrestrial tv channels in the programme guide.  Subscription channels appear in the programme guide, but I can't view any of them (I do subscribe to the Kids package which has been fine until yesterday).  See screenshots in the attached pdf.

DrWheetos
Team Player

Yes, I've swapped the Cat5 cables for the TV box and one of the working computers across.  The TV box still shows the YVM102 error and the working computer can access the internet.  So the fault isn't with the router ethernet sockets.

OCE_Karl

Hi

Thanks for confirming.  I've a new TV Box on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Neveavalyn
Chatterbox

My tv is saying no internet connection had done numerous resets on both router and box. Internet to computers and phones etc working just fine but tv is not. This has been two days now and am really frustrated with this. Maybe I might need a new box? All cat 5 cables are fine too as checked with other devices. 
please advise 

OCE_Karl

Hi Neveavalyn

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

DrWheetos
Team Player

All I can say is Thank you TalkTalk.  The new TV box has arrived and has fixed the problem.  We can view TV content again.  The speed of service was brilliant.  It took less than 24 hours for you to send a new box to us and us receiving it.  One very happy customer!  🤗

OCE_Karl

Hi DrWheetos

so glad I was able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips