Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV boost not working

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have not been able to access any of my entertainment boosts since 27th March. I watched skyOne on the 26th March but the following day I could no longer access it. 

I have had many live chat conversations and phone calls since and am getting very frustrated with the situation.   I have seen from posts on here that this issue is happening to other people and that coming in here has finally solved it. 

When I go to SkyOne, for example, I get the message 'To watch this, you'll need to setup SkyOne. Press ok for more information'. When I press ok I get the message 'tv boosts are not available. Your account does not allow you to add extra tv channels. To change your account so you can upgrade with tv boosts visit www.talktalk.co.uk/my account'

During my phone calls and live chats my entertainment boost had been deactivated and then reactivated. When this didn't make any difference I was sent a new box. I still had the same errors so I phoned again and an engineer has been booked.

From reading other threads in here I am doubtful that the engineer visit will solve this. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Joanne

I agree with you, I don't think the engineer will resolve this type of issue.

First, can you perform the following.

Hard Reboot box (using button at the back of the box)

Perform software update (Menu > Settings > Software Information > Update Software > Press OK on remote)

Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote). Select some boost content.

Let me know if any content plays or not so I can then escalate to my TV contacts.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Karl

I will try this when I get home.

After posting my message last night I loaded the More TV option. It asked me to login in so I entered my email and password and it did not accept it. I then selected my stuff and I got the message 'something went wrong TTG-216'. I just thought I'd let you know in case it helps

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Rebooting the box first can help, and using the more TV option forces a subscription check.

Try the steps and if this fails I'll get our TV guys to go through the account subscription details in the databases and see if there are any discrepancies.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Karl

Should I need to reboot the box if it's brand new though?

Joanne

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

You should not have to reboot the box all the time, just in this instance before performing the steps to make sure there is a physical connection from the box to the router.

If you can quickly follow those steps when you can and report back, I can confirm this to our TV team and get some movement on this case for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Karl

Unfortunately I'm at work so will not be able to do this until i get home this evening. 

Joanne 

Highlighted
Community Team

Ok, try this as soon as you can and let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

I followed your instructions and when I went to more tv it asked me to log into my account. When I put in my email and password I got the nessage 'something's gone wrong TTG - 216'

Joanne 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have had the same problem since 25th March and still no solution.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have no access to Sky Sports since 25th March. Engineer has been, confirmed that everything my end is working correctly and the problem is with Talk Talk. Rebooting TV box has not rectified the problem. Helpline has been utterly useless and I have registered a complaint as promise after promise about call backs has been broken. The final straw was today had a text on 16th April stating Iwould be called between 16:00 and 18:00 with an update on my complaint. Surprise,surprise no call and that just underlined the incompetent service talk talk offers its customers. In the meantime I am still unable to access Sky Sports boost 

Highlighted
Community Star

@Davidt1 Start your own topic, otherwise it can be confusing dealing with more than one person's support issue in the same thread.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

D

I have no access to Sky Sports since 25th March. Engineer has been, confirmed that everything my end is working correctly and the problem is with Talk Talk. Rebooting TV box has not rectified the problem. Helpline has been utterly useless and I have registered a complaint as promise after promise about call backs has been broken. The final straw was today had a text on 16th April stating Iwould be called between 16:00 and 18:00 with an update on my complaint. Surprise,surprise no call and that just underlined the incompetent service talk talk offers its customers. In the meantime I am still unable to access Sky Sports boost 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Joanne

This is currently with our TV teams, I'm awaiting an update this morning.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Joanne

Our TV teams have made some configuration changes.

Can you retest, make sure you enter MORE TV first and select the boost content from there.

See if the boost content plays.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

All is working now, thank you so much. 

Joanne 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Joanne,

So glad to hear it's working for you now.

Any more issues, just let me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I still have no TV sports boost.help please
Highlighted
Community Star

@Davidt1 You should start your own topic rather than posting on someone else's, click here.