would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV opt out question

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
wildbill
Popular Poster

If I were to opt out of TALKTALK TV, would I still be able to use my youview box for recording the free to air channels and access 'on demand' catchup services from BBC and ITV without being automatically opted back into the £4 TV charge?

Also, my TALKTALK broadband contract is due for renewal next month. Would renewing my contract opt me back into TALKTALK TV?

I'm not interested in any TV boosts for the forseeable future.

Community Team
Solution

Hi wildbill

Yes that is correct in regards to using free to air channels and on demand services.

I can opt you out of the upcoming TV charge but I'll need to confirm some security details to access your account.  I'll send a PM separately with the info required.

Please note however that when you opt out of TalkTalk TV you will lose access to add and remove TV Boosts flexibly.  You will lose access to TV Boost on demand content via the TalkTalk player.  You will also lose access to TV on the go services via the web and Mobile App.

Also, any current recordings you have made from a Boost channel will stop working when you are no longer subscribed to that channel.

Thanks

Debbie

wildbill
Popular Poster

Thanks for your help Debbie.

PM sent.

Community Team

Hi wildbill

Thanks for the Private Message.

I can see that your request has been actioned.

Thanks

Debbie

wildbill
Popular Poster
Hi Debbie.
Many thanks.
Community Team