Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV App

12 REPLIES
ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

Is the tv app down? It hasn’t worked for me now for about a month, I have had a new phone since and I still get a blank guide showing no channels and errors when I go into My TV.

I’m using an iPhone Xs Max on iOS 12.1

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @ashscrivens

The TalkTalk TV iOS app will function on any iOS device that’s running iOS8 or above including iPhone X.  Supported Devices.  The Apple app store says iOS9 is needed but, that discrepancy apart, the app should work on your iOS12 device.

Have you tried removing and then reconnecting your iPhone to the TalkTalk TV Box?

Or the usual Soft reset of the TV Box that often works to fix strange operating faults? Press and hold the YouView front panel power / standby button for 8 seconds, until the lights change then let go. Then just wait for the box to restart.

Or, when the hard drive isn't active do a Power reset. Power off at the back on/off switch or mains power socket, wait a few minutes and repower.

More complex issues might require a Maintenance Mode reset of the TV Box (Click here). Read the instructions so you know what to expect, select your box model and when prompted on screen select Option 2 (Keep recordings) as a first choice.

Restore the box settings and at the same time it's worth rebooting the router and any connecting powerline adaptors and check they've got green lights showing.

Note:
You'll need to reinstate a lot of personal settings, including parental control PIN if used, Antenna out back to On, Picture & Sound setup, Apps & player logins, Mobile devices reconnected for the TV Planner app and TV Guide (yellow button) hidden channels. Any Watch lists and Scheduled recordings will need to be reinstated so make a note of these before a Maintenance Mode reset.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

I'm not talking about the remote record "TV Planner" app that pairs up with your box, that one is working fine. I'm talking about the "TalkTalk TV" that allows you watch boosts on the move.

I just login with my email address and password, loging in on www.talktalktv.co.uk works fine and i can stream shows on my laptop with no issues, seems to be just the iOS app, i could try android later tonight.

Below are screenshots of the iOS app and webpage showing accessing it on my work laptop is fine.

IMG-1342.pngIMG-1341.png
Capture.PNG

Gondola
Community Star

Hi ashscrivens

The advice article does highlight the limitations with the TalkTalk TV iOS app but you'll find that Android works just fine. I have no problems with either Windows or Android.

The advice simply says "The TalkTalk TV iOS app lets you watch films and TV shows you've previously purchased". 

However, the iTunes store does show screenshots of the fully populated TV guide. And doesn't indicate it's not available.

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

This is not really a "limitation" its simply not working, the only limitation with iOS over android is you can not purchase or rent from the store, i should however be able to watch FOX ondemand for example.

I will wait for a responce from TalkTalk, maybe they could ask their tech guys if there's issues with iOS 12.1 (which is the latest beta from Apple)

I would of thought it would of been tested by TalkTalk

ferguson
Community Star

Could you not test with the latest release version of iOS 12.0.1?

Gondola
Community Star

Nice one @ferguson

You got me @ashscrivens I hadn't noticed that 12.1 is only a Beta version released to developers to test that their products are working.

So as you're a Beta Tester / Developer you can report... it's not working. So fix it Apple!

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

Apple wouldn’t be interested, it’s up to TalkTalk to test their apps on a beta OS in preparation. I accept if this is the issue then it my problem having the beta OS but surely TalkTalk should be testing this, it won’t be long till apple release this to everyone.

I’m a softwear tester, it’s my job hence the reason I have a beta on my phone.

I have been using it on my tablet for now, I use the chromecast feature in the bedroom a lot (It’s brilliant, a top feature of TalkTalk TV if you ask me)

Can someone from TalkTalk check with their developers if this is a known issue and if not let them know? I’m happy provide details if they need it.

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

12.1 iOS is now the latest version of iOS to the public, but i am still having the issues with the app and no longer on beta softwear.

ferguson
Community Star

I have just checked the app on my iPhone and whilst I don’t have any added Boost channels the Guide at least is working fine for me. Can you tell us which version of the app you have? Mine is 5.3.281

Community Team

Hi

As this version of IOS is newly released, it will take the teams time to test and amend the app before pushing an update.  We currently have no confirmed timescale for this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

5680B819-5214-4A4A-B22D-5C9ADF4BA800.png

Strange but as it looks below TalkTalk didn’t test this and now have some work to do. Pretty poor show to be honest, the whole reason apple allow developers go download the beta iOS to test their apps.

I’m absolutely staggered a company as big as TalkTalk doesn’t have an iPhone in the office for testing their apps for future changes.

ferguson
Community Star

I have removed that second screenshot, it contains your full email address.