cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV Planner phased out and nothing to replace it.

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Why on earth have TalkTalk passed out the mobile app and got nothing to replace it. According to the App itself there is a move to us the BT TV App which was supposed to be working at the end of March. This is not the case. Although it will find my Huawei box on the network, it says the software need to be upgraded before it can connect. I understand a software update is coming, but there is no timescale. How can you remove such a service without being ready with the software upgrade to enable the app to work with TalkTalk.

Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk have indeed abandoned their app and the BT app will indeed not work with Huawei boxes until TalkTalk sort it out, see here:

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19004609/#Comment_19004609

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

This is not very good for customer service. You remove something and have nothing to replace it with. Why wasn't the software update available before the app was removed, of the app removal delayed until the software upgrade was available. Really annoyed with this.  

Highlighted
Insightful One

It's YouView that has discontinued the app, neither TT's app or YouView app will work.
You would think TT would commision some one to make another one.
The app was certainly a selling point as it was so handy for setting recordings remotely.
Has anyone from TT commented?

UK Old Git
Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Solution

Yes I understand it’s YOuView that discontinued the app, but my comment still stands. It makes no sense to withdraw something when there is no alternative at present. I too found the app useful. If it’s anything like there Phone to Go app we will never get this function again.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Certainly a downgrade to my contract talktalk have had enough time to sort out a new app or are they waiting a few weeks to come out with a app which we will then have to pay for
Thank You ! Posted By Jimpy From Staffordshire
Highlighted
Community Star

@jimpy Did you read what I posted earlier and the associated link?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
NOPE!!
Thank You ! Posted By Jimpy From Staffordshire
Highlighted
Popular Poster

The BT app now seems to be paired with my talk talk box, but planning recordings from the app is very hit and miss. Only worked once.
The old app was great, could reliably put recordings in the planner from anywhere. Just can’t trust it anymore. 

And the BT app, being aimed at BT customers is cluttered with stuff that’s of no use to someone looking for the TV guide list. 
I think BT made it available to talk talk so they could show off other things BT offer. 
Definitely a poorer service. 

Dave McClelland, Actor/Filmmaker/Editor
http://mcclellandmedia.com
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I haven't bothered. I'm a TalkTalk customer not a BT customer. The loss of the original TalkTalk app was bad enough, but to expect us to use an app selling us BT services is not what I want.