cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TalkTalk TV - Share Your Ideas!

117 REPLIES
Community Team

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in hearing your ideas to make our TV service even better.

I'm not looking for issues or things you think are faults, I'm looking for genuine ideas that would improve the service, a sort of wish list if you will.

This can be additions to the Set top Box, Boosts, TV2GO App etc etc.

I'll start the ball rolling.  I'd like to see a You Tube app in the players section. I've been watching a lot of 'Bad Driving' videos on youtube lately and would love to be able to watch these on the TV via the box.

I'd really like to hear your Ideas,so please, if you have a suggestion for something that can make the service even better, please let me know :)

Thanks

Karl.

eebdsirhc
Community Star

I'd like TV2go to include the boost channels that you already subscribe to (and pay for).

Community Team

Thanks Chris.

I'd also like an Amazon Prime player in the players section and TV box to have built in wireless to avoid the need for Powerline Adapters.

Karl.

lloyd36
Wizz Kid

I'd wouldl like to suggest three things:

i) Discovery Channels - this has been discussed at lenght elsewhere and is unlikely to happen in the near future

ii) HD Channels - for those whom have a high enough line speed, this would exclude some subscribers however

iii) Inclusion of the 'Plus 1' Channels - It's not always possible to watch clashing programme schedules, this is something everyone could benefit from

red-ed
Wizz Kid

Hi

Yes Youtube is a no brainer. Freesat has it, so I am struggling to know why it isn't available on Youview as of now. TV player (channel 241 Freeview) should be run as a player rather than a 'channel'. This is because those of us that can only access Freeview 'Lite' cannot receive channel 241.

Eurosport would also be a great candidate for TalkTalk, as a player rather than the channels. Those of us with Eurosport subscriptions could access both Eurosport channels without having to use chromecast for instance.

ferguson
Community Star

Contributors to this topic may find that their suggestions are covered, along with many others, in the Consolidated list of improvements and feature requests thread diligently maintained by a dedicated user over on the YouView community forums.

QEL0465
Wise Owl

By being at the front when it comes to STB technology and cutting down on costs of replacement STBs and number of disgruntled customers by having a cloud-based recording facility - so that when the STB needs replacing, customers do not lose recordings they have made. 

Or, having a removable storage drive, that can be upgraded/edited by the customer.

Trekkie101
Conversation Starter

TV Player app that works on some freeview HD kit. (tvplayer.com) currently you need some sort of device to connect to it. 

SimonW
First Timer

Hi,

I'd like to be able to access Bloomberg business news, which is apparently available on Freesat but not Freeview. Both BBC 24 and Sky News are now largely unwatchable, and so would greatly appreciate access to any other news channels that offer serious news and analysis.

Thanks,

Simon

fr8ys
Community Star

The ability to watch one boost channel and record another.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Montana
Wizz Kid
  • I beilieve it's been mentioned before in another thread or two, but - for the remote, a toggle button to the last channel watched.
  • Do away with the three flashing lights when recording just have a static violet for on (dimmed when standby as now) with a static red for recording.

M

jonnyp83
Wizz Kid

When you have recorded a number of episodes of the same show, the ability to press play on a folder and the STB plays all recordings in the folder from oldest to newest, instead of having to stop playback of episode and select the next.

More apps like Youtube and Amazon Prime.

A recycle bin feature, in case you accidently delete a recording.

Multiroom - other providers offer it - if a customer has 2 STB's it would be great to watch the same content on both - also stream recordings between them.

hucks
Chat Champion

Hi

1. HD Sky Sport channels

2. Multiroom

cheers

Community Team

Hi 

Some great Ideas, I've summarised them below and added a couple of others picked up from around the community :)

• YouTube App
• Amazon Video App
• HD Boost Channels – especially Sports
• TV2GO to include subscribed Boost Channels
• Plus 1 channels where available
• Eurosport Player
• Option to View list of Hidden channels
• A Select ‘All’ option for categories when hiding channels
• Ability to Rearrange the Players
• Freeview channel app or Freeview channels via internet (for poor signal areas)
• Multi-Room Option
• Option to record one Boost channel while watching another
• Remote – button to toggle to last viewed channel
• Option to transfer Recordings
• When a series has been recorded, the option to ‘autoplay’ the next episode in the sequence rather than having to exit each episode to menu to select the next episode
• Manual Tune Option for Freeview Channels
• Manual timer record option

Keep the ideas coming!  I will pass these suggestions to the relevant teams for consideration.

Thanks

Karl.

Peregrine
Wise Owl

I'd say create an app that can stream all channels (terrestrial and boost)  with support for a cloud based recording system (for those that still record things). Replace the big slow clunky box with a cheap streaming stick with the app installed so you can have one on every tv in the house (something along the lines of the fire tv stick or Roku). The stick would also need to support all the catch up services, Netflix and Amazon video. Make this app avaialble for iOS, Android and consoles too.  . 

Admittedly that might be a bit ambititious for TaltTalk, but at least get into the 21st century and offer HD on the boost channels.

Manclad
Participant

I would like the YouView apps capability extended to be able to manage content on the box and control the YouView box from the app directly so play recordings, change channel, start playing content from the built in YouView apps. 

harrie
Wizz Kid

tv2go app for windows based phone please

Teresa5
Popular Poster

I really wish there was a way to save recordings indefinitely, some way to back them up so that when the YouView box goes "up the creek" you don't have the additional heartache of losing all the recordings you wanted to keep.

Best regards,

Teresa.

fre55die
Community Star

It would be great if you could press record on something you are watching and whole thing is recorded.  This shouldn't be a major problem as the show must already be being recorded on to the hard drive for the pause/rewind function to work.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
chrismcfet
Wizz Kid

Great that you're asking customers. I'm sure some of us will have ideas to make the YouView/TalkTalk TV platform even better.

Please add:

• YouTube
  • AmazonPrime
  • HD online channels
  • subscribed Boosts to TV2Go
  • multiroom
  • rearrange players
  • archieve recordings to another storage device
  • An option to buy a 2TB YouView box