Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalktalkTV box

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

My TalkTalk TV Box will be far from my router. According to the set up instructions I will need to purchase a Powerline Adapter.  All I can find on TalkTalk webpage is reference to a Network Connector at £40. Is this the same as a Powerline Adapter? Will I still need to use the ethernet cable provided to plug into the Network Connector to get started?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Sammy31 yes you will!

One of the two will plug in near your router and an Ethernet cable will plug into the connector from the router. The second connecter goes into a wall socket near your TV box and an Ethernet cable from the connector to the TV box.

If you have a shortage of power sockets remember powerline does not work well with power extension leads.

There is a very reasonable solution to this called pass through, the connector also acts as a power socket. An online retailer has passthrough powerline adapters starting at £30 upwards.. 

Good luck, if you needed more please do come back.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Just to add, the below pic should also explain the setup when using powerline adapters.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES