cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tv box recordings not playing, not recording any more, recorded programmes freeze

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, my tv box regularly has been freezing when watching recorded programmes, we just put up with this for well over a year or but it recently stopped playing all recordings and also stopped recording ( recording failed message ) every time. I did the usual turn off and on with no luck so I did both maintenance the mode resets - reset box and keep recordings (that didn’t work) then again with delete all recordings, this did fix things for a day or so, but now again after 2 days recorded programmes have started to freeze again. Can I get this box replaced ? It’s a huawei tv plus box.

thanks 

Ken

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Tv box arrived today, all setup and so far no problems, thanks again for the quick replacement.

Can I ask if there any plans to speed up the youview boxes? Using apps like Netflix and prime can be quite slow (icons, thumbnails kind of staggering off one by one when going from page to page - only way to describe it is like really slow internet on an old pc ).

we have a fire stick in another room that opens and runs the same apps so much faster.

thanks

Ken

Highlighted

Hi Ken

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Can I just check if the replacement box has the latest software version TV Software updates

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Playback is fine, it’s just opening and using the apps.
eg, when going from one page to another in Netflix each icon/thumbnail including home/film/tv show icons on the side all disappear one at a time until they’ve all gone then the next page appears.

Cheers
Highlighted

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply.

There may be a slight delay between apps, how long is the delay?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

The new box has just frozen for 1 minute while watching a recorded TV programme - the same as the old box used to.

it simply freezes for around 1 minute then continues to play. I can’t think it’s a coincidence for both boxes (the old one I’ve just replaced with this one) and the new one to do this?

is this a common issue that these youview boxes have? Or is it something else? I’m baffled.

everything is updated. It’s a brand new youview box. 

so the new box is running tv apps slowly and also randomly freezing during playback on recorded tv.

Cheers Ken

Highlighted

Hi Ken

Apologies for this.

Is the new box connected wired to the router or are you using power line adapters?

Is this affecting all TV content recorded, both freeview and IP channels?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, Debbie

its connected through powering adapters.

it freezes on recordings form BBC, Quest, ITV etc - just regular tv.

could it be the box doing background tasks? Checking for updates etc? Just a guess.

Ken

Highlighted

Hi Ken

I think it would more likely be the signal dropping.

Have you checked that the aerial and cables are tightly secured?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

All cables are fine.

it happens randomly with recorded tv programmes only, eg. it may freeze for 1 minute then continue to play 15 minutes into watching a programme, if you then re-watch the same recorded programme it doesn’t freeze in the same place. This proves the actual recording is ok, it’s a playback issue.

and as I said, we had the exact same issue with the previous box.

thanks Ken

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Also, using Netflix today, the Netflix app crashed while browsing programmes and went back to the youview menu 3 times. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Now. another problem.

the box hasn’t got internet connection anymore. I’ve attached photos.

the power line connectors are showing all green, and I’ve changed the Ethernet cable.
I’ve powered the box down by the button on the back and restarted. 

I’ve disconnected and reconnected all the cables.

ive tested the connection from the power line adapter with a different device and the connection is fine.

yet the box can’t connect to the internet.

this is clearly another faulty box.

Connecting to your router message didn’t get anywhere for a really long time - I had to restart the boxConnecting to your router message didn’t get anywhere for a really long time - I had to restart the box1A29B596-0B69-4334-A5C2-936E2E332BC1.jpeg3 green lights on power line adapter behind tv, and cable has been replaced.3 green lights on power line adapter behind tv, and cable has been replaced.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

The next day....Sunday.

all green lights are on on router, but the wireless isn’t working on all devices (tablets, phones etc) wrong password (Even though nothing has been done or changed).

i had to restart router and then it was ok.

something strange is going on for us to get all these different faults.? 

can any one help?

Highlighted

Replying to Wizz kid

I’m having the same problem with my recordings. I’ve done both factory resets, the first one I did was the one that doesn’t remove the recordings that I’ve ready made and the second one was a complete factory reset. I need a replacement box but I can’t get to speak someone about it.

Cath