cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Why are you going to charge everyone £4 to watch Freeview channels.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I hear you have removed the £4 multi room charge but will still be charging £4 for TV services that are feee to air. Can you explain this logic please.

Highlighted
Community Star
Hi Mr Wrighty, your post is flagged for assistance. In the meantime remember you if you don't wish to use the TV boosts you can ask TT to remove the charge.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @mrwrighty

The Upcoming TV charge encompasses all TalkTalk TV Services not freeview.

In addition to the TV box with the ability to record, rewind and pause the live TV channels as well as recording Boost channels, this also provides the ability to add and remove TV boosts flexibly with only a 1 month commitment.  no lengthy contracts for taking the channels.  You also get access to On Demand content for the boosts via out TalkTalk player.  On the go access to some boost content via our Mobile App. 

For full details of the TV charge, please take a look here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

But I pay to use the boosts, so effectively I have to pay £4 to be able to pay for the boosts. How is that fair. Also as far as I know, all boosts are already a monthly commitment and not contractural. As far as I can tell I am not getting anything more than I already have for the £4 charge. Can you explicitly tell me what I will gain over and above what I already receive from TalkTalk that justifies the extra charge.

Highlighted

Hi

As advised, the TV charge encompasses all of TalkTalk TV services and is an underlying charge for access to all TV services provide explicitly by TalkTalk.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

But we have never had to pay this before, so why now. I have had access to all the services that I pay monthly for, yet I gain nothing for the additional charge over and above what I already receive. This is a charge should be withdrawn by TalkTalk immediately you have not justified why it should be paid, when up until now the charge has not been necessary.

Highlighted

Hi

I'm sorry you feel that way, the introduction of the TV charge is a business decision.  If you disagree with this, please follow our Complaint Process

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
this is a stealth charge and just yet another way that TalkTalk are alienating their customers
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Surely there is a point of law here. No company can charge for a service that is free from another source i.e Freeview TV. All other services provided by TalkTalk are paid for by the customers and thus the only way this charge can be applied is by increasing the cost of the subscribed services. You cannot withdraw a services that I pay for (Subscription channels) because if I refuse to pay £4 for this priviledge.

Highlighted

Hi

Other providers do apply an underlying charge for their TV services however TalkTalk still remain excellent value in comparison.  This is within Ofcom guidelines.  If unhappy with this decision, please follow our Complaint Process

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you for your response OCE_Karl. I realise there is only so much you can do and I appreciate your responses. Judging by the feeedback and responses from other subscribers on this community forum, I am not alone in thinking that this charge is unjust and to be honest may result in TalkTalk loosing more than they gain by imposing this charge as it is not clear why all of a sudden this is at all necessary. Raising a complaint will not result in the charge being removed unless all TV subscribers do the same. I just feel aggrieved that we are expected to pay to keep services that we have already paid for. Paying the £4 is the only way to keep the exsting boosts and recorded content in place, content I have already paid for through my subscription.