Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

You view box failed

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Team Player

My Youview box locked up twice yesterday, needed to turn off box and restart it to get it working

Today it failed to start up. Took a couple of restarts to get it working. But all today's recording failed 

Trying to delete them the box froze with black screen.

It would not restart at all

All attempts to reset in maintenance mode have failed to get past "loading" page 

Reset without losing recordings - failed

Reset via internet without losing recordings - failed

Reset losing recordings got to '''get started"  then rebooted and failed to restart.   

I have tried many times over the last couple of hours.

So this is my second box that has failed , so I know how this works.  Please can I request a new box to be sent?

This is an ''ex' youview box as Monty P would say

Mike
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Mike

I'll get this arranged for you now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Just to say thanks for quick resolution, and check its in the post?

Mike
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've checked and the order has now been processed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Box arrived, and works fine. Great service. 

Should get another 2-3 years worth of use 🙂

Mike
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Mike,

Just checking back that everything is still working correctly with the new box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

We are also having the same problem, it just goes around in a loop ie: TalkTalk 'Waking up', 'You View Loading' & use smart mode for faster startup -( can't get any where near settings page),

'System failed to start correctly' So have attempted all of the options and come full circle to 'Waking up' except it doesn't. Have read the other posts and attempted all the 'switch it off - unplug it - restart router and come back to black screen then system failed to start properly and here we go again. Just another slight clue that some thing is amiss is that the you view box is almost too hot to touch whilst this is proceeding.

More suggestions please.

Everhopefull 'flyingmonty'

21/04/18

Highlighted
Community Star

Have you tried a maintenance mode reset? Subject to that, it is best to start your own topic rather than posting on someone else's. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you Ferguson, for that information, but it isn't obvious where or how to start a new Topic that I could see, so please accept my apologies for that.

I have tried a maintenance mode reset under the box failed to start heading where it asks:  software update - factory reset - usb update. then it shows TalkTalk waking up for around 4-5 minutes before going onto show YouView loading again. As all this is progressing nothing else is being displayed, except a blank screen

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, you just need to click on the Start a topic button at the top of the TalkTalk TV section, but I have made a shortcut for you, click here.