Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

You view box

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, wonder if anyone can help, been a customer for many years and now my youview box is playing up, done all reset the box switched everything off for a day restarted and checked for updates, it keeps sticking on guide and can not access players most of the time, my recordings start then 3 seconds later just stop. Any help please thx Barry

Barry baldwin
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Barryblackwood 

Have you tried MAINTENANCE reset as follows :

Turn the box off, then unplug the power lead for about 10 minutes.

Re-plug in power  lead.

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Antenna Out / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Participant

Done this and still the same as before, fill like hitting it with a hammer

Barry baldwin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

OK, can you try the full factory reset from the settings menu.  This is the last option to try.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Participant

Hi Karl, did this again. I reset all including router and still the same. I have no idea now read up on loads followed step by step and the box is still the same. Anything else to try ? Barry

Barry baldwin
Highlighted

Hi

I'll get the box swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Thank you, as I think this is the first box I've had since joining you for many years. Thx Barry

Barry baldwin
Highlighted

Hi Barry

Did the box arrive?  Is everything OK now ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

IMG-20200210-WA0001.jpg

 Yes works great, different from old box and set up was easy. Only thing left message to put in safe place and this is where they left it. Thx again

Barry baldwin
Highlighted

Hi

Glad the new box is working.  Shame on that courier!!

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Yes it was only thing letting you down is them

Barry baldwin
Highlighted
Participant

Sky1, Sky2, Sky arts, MTV and W have stopped working other channels like CC are OK.

I have re-started my router and reset the box with a soft reset and checked all wires, but still not working.

Please could you look into  this 

Barry baldwin