Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView Box failure

5 REPLIES
jimsheehan
Sightseer

I am having the same problems with my box as have been reported elsewhere.

At various times the system hangs, loses contact with the remote control, fails to record, fails to play back recordings etc etc.  Resetting helps but the improvements don't last.

I have tried all the resets mentioned in the prevcious posts but to no avail.

Thanks

hosay299
Insightful One

@jimsheehan Welcome and one of the oce next week will reply and sort out ur issue.

it is best to post in ur own theads if u need help with a fix as posting in other person thead if u can help out.

Please finsh of filling in ur profile on here not full filled in. do not post any presonal info on here as it is open to the public.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
jimsheehan
Sightseer

Thanks.

I believe that my profile contains the info required.

Community Team

Hi

Can you try the full factory reset from the youview menu and set the box back up and see if performance improves.

This will wipe the hard drive and set this back up so ny current recordings will be lost but this is the last reset to try.

Thanks

Karl. 

jimsheehan
Sightseer

Hi Karl

The full factory reset seems to have done the trick. The system has been stable for a couple of days now.

Thanks for your help

Jim

Community Manager

Your welcome, glad it's working. Shout if you need any further support.