Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

YouView Box unreliable

11 REPLIES 11
smudge43
Repeat Guest

I am having problems with my YouView Box (Huawei)
Very slow in responding to remote. Seems to store remote commands for several seconds, then action some of them. Sometimes it won't respond at all.
Sometimes the recorded item will freeze after sending remote command - it seems the only way to escape is to switch off the box and then switch it back on, which I need to do quite often. This affects any programmes being recorded at the time.
Sometimes, while trying to fast forward or rewind a recording, the recorded item will jump back to the start, then it is a frustrating procedure of trying to fast forward to where the recording left off. This has to be done patiently and gradually, otherwise it will overshoot and the subsequent rewind is similarly patient and gradual as the box won't respond properly to the remote.
Sometimes, when playing a recording, the picture will freeze but the sound will carry on, and sometimes the picture will scramble for a second or two and then recommence.

I have replaced the batteries in the remote.

Can you help please? This is time consuming and frustrating. Does it need a replacement box?

justice
Whizz Kid
Have you thought about reset of box details on taltalk tv help section.
Justice
smudge43
Repeat Guest
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you are suggesting - is that a factory reset? Does it result in loss of recorded programmes?
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

smudge43
Repeat Guest

Thank you. I will try that and see how it goes

OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

smudge43
Repeat Guest

Thank you Justice and Karl for your suggestions. I performed a Maintenance Reset Option 2 in early February, but unfortunately the problems still persisted. I have since repeated the Reset, without success. I should be grateful to receive any further suggestions.

OCE_Debbie

Hi smudge43

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

smudge43
Repeat Guest

Thanks for your reply Debbie. I confirm that my profile has been updated as requested.

OCE_Debbie

Hi smudge43

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have ordered a replacement for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

smudge43
Repeat Guest

Thank you Debbie. Replacement box received. I will install it and let you know how it goes in a day or two.

There is not a remote control in the box, and my existing one is quite different from the illustration in the instructions - will this affect performance?

OCE_Karl

Hi

the existing remote will work across all models.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips