Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview Box Problems

9 REPLIES
DandD
Popular Poster

My Youview box has suddenly gone a little crazy, it only records the first 18mins of a programme, won't let me change channels (I have changed the batteries in the remote!) or look at the guide,or pause a live programme, I have to turn it off at the back & restart, its ok for a while, but as soon as I want to record it starts playing up, what can I do??

fr8ys
Community Star

Hi,

It may be the box is on the way out, but can you try YouView Maintenance Reset

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option. 

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance from the OCE's.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
DandD
Popular Poster

Hello, thanks for the advice, I have done a factory reset, but I still can't pause or rewind live tv & now the playback isn't working. Tried to record & it only records part of the programme & then I can't change channel!

fr8ys
Community Star

Ok I'll escalate for you 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @DandD

To speed things up IMPORTANT !!!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi DandD

I'll swap out the box and we can then retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

DandD
Popular Poster

Thank you, look forward to hearing from you!

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

The replacement box is on the way.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

DandD
Popular Poster

My new box arrived really quickly, all changed over & working perfectly, on my way to the post office today to send the old one back, thanks for your help in sorting this out without any drama!!

Community Team

Hi

Glad the new box has arrived and is working ok for you.

Regards,

Karl.