- our internet is fine; we are just about to have fibre from Talk Talk

- it has got slower and slower the past few months

I really think we need a new box.

Thanks and kind regards

Stefan

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Have you tried a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Does this improve the box performance ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello Karl, 

I have tried what you suggested for the last three nights but the box does and then just stays in the waking up mode without ever turning on. We cannot turn on the machine now as it just stays in the waking up mode. In the maintenance mode, I have tried new software update, factory reset with and without recordings but it still sticks in the wake up mode.

Do you have any further suggestions? I do think we need a new box, as we have had this one for years, and it has started getting slower and slower (requiring turn offs at the back) in the last few months.

Many thanks for your help

Stefan

Highlighted

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello Karl. 

I think I have added my number but just in case not the number is *removed for personal security*.

Many thanks

Stefan Franz

Highlighted

Hi Stefan

I'll get the box swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Karl, we have received the new box. Thank you very much. However, it did not have a remote control. By the look of the instructions it should have had, and it looks different to the one that we have now (the one with the lit up TalkTalk button. Pleas could you arrange to send a remote control, or advise what to do?
Many thanks for your help,
Stefan
Highlighted

Hi 

Replacment TV boxes are no longer sent with a remote as your current remote will work with the new box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips