Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

come and collect your box talk talk

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Participant

If your going to charge me £4 a month for your tv box then come and take it back. It is not worth it. I get nothing from it. It is switch off most of the time

Highlighted
Community Star

The box is yours and you can opt out of the charge, either by contacting customer services, or the support team here can do it for you, but not before Monday.

Highlighted
Participant

I cannot get through to customer services. May be they are busy with people trying to complain about this sneeky price hike they are trying to scam us with. What is the £4 even for ?  You get nothing for it. I have emailed  : concerns@talktalkplc.com  but they may be swamped with complaints so don't expect a reply for a while (days)

Highlighted
Community Star

I doubt it. The support team here will gladly help you, but not before Monday at the earliest. In the meantime stop spamming the forums.

Highlighted
Participant
Perhaps if talktalk had a decent customer service which could be contacted easily then my anger could have been diffused sooner on the issue !
Highlighted
Philosopher

Who has removed/deleted my post asking a pefectly legitimate question of anon1234 and why have I not been notified that it has been? As required by the forum guidelines.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions.
Highlighted
Participant
yes i have had all mine which moan about this issue on other threads deleted. I think it may be because I pointed out that this is a charge for no extra service and that there are other providers out there which may be a better deal
Highlighted
Community Star

@I8this It was not a "perfectly legitimate" question, it was trolling as you well know. And you were notified.

@anon1234 Repeating the same point over and over on multiple threads is regarded as spamming and may be removed in line with the community guidelines. 

Highlighted
Philosopher

@ferguson 

No I was not notified that the post where I asked anon1234 had s/he posted multifull times in other threads on the same subject had been removed. The only notifcation I have had is the one timed at12:14 hours to day that a post I posted today had been removed.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions.
Highlighted
Participant
@ferguson - I commented in 4 different threads with four differently written opinions or suggestions (eg. to email talktalk). I was trying to show my support for other peoples annoyance at this issue. I don't expect everyone to read my thread. I was not notified that my comments were deleted but not surprised as this is talktalk's forum and they don't want negative stuff being posted obviously.

but back to the point - what do you get for your £4 a month that is not free already ? (assuming they don't want the box back)
Highlighted
Community Star

It's not a question of posting "negative stuff," there is plenty of that about the moment! You are welcome to post what you like within the community guidelines, but not by spamming the forums with the same point, especially where other customers may be waiting for support answers of their own.

Access to TalkTalk TV services was previously free of charge, but will now cost £4, although you can opt out if you wish. You may not like it, but it is quite simple really.

Highlighted
Participant
1) so is this a support forum or a community forum where people can discuss talktalk services ?

2) so "Access" to talktalk services means paying £4 a month for the right to then pay talktalk more money for some particular service ? It seems like they are charging to get into the shop just to look around.
Highlighted
Participant

I finally got through on the webchat and was able to cancel but only after they had a go at trying to hard sell me on the "benfits" of talktalk tv.  I also got a response to my email today as well.  So although I can relax about the issue they should not have created this hassle in the first place, not if they really wanted to keep as a customer (my contract ends next month so may be they wont)

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi anon1234

Glad you have resolved this via our Customer service teams.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE