Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

picture breaking up

14 REPLIES
colin2345
Team Player

hi, anyone got a clue where to go next. my box just has a pixelated screen that is on all channels live TV. internet TV. TV boosts everything. 150 no help they just ask me to go through all the steps I have done a dozen times.

so far I have reset the box [works for a short time] gone back to full factory settings. bought a booster [no help] had new ariel fitted. changed the HDMI cables 3 times. done a firmware update nothing helps it's been like this on and off since we got the box last year.

as it is it's unwatchable. freeview on TV works fine so does the internet router. TV has 70% signal and 100% quality. so I think it's the box. 

colin2345
Team Player

ah that will be a no then. never mind looks like it's back to sky at least you can watch the channels your paying for. I still think it's a faulty box I have but have no idea how to get it changed thought it was worth a shot using the community to try and fix it. but to no avail so I'm canceling my subscription when I can arrange a switch.

thanks for reading. one unhappy customer signing off.

Community Team

Hi Colin

All line tests are clear, no issues showing, however the predicted speed range of your line is 2 - 6mb.  The line speed is averaging between 3.5 - 4mb sync, and this is below the speed required for the boost (subscription) channels.  The minimum speed recommended is usually about 5mb.

I've a different model router on the way to see if this will sync at a higher rate.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

colin2345
Team Player

hi Karl. thanks for the reply and the new router got it set up today. too early to tell if the subscription channels are better. although I did manage to watch a full episode of Bull on Fox tonite for the first time in months.

but the normal free to air "freeview" channels are still breaking up just the same. the box "in settings" says signal strength 61% picture quality 65%. yet direct to the samsung TV I get readings of 80% signal strength and 100% picture quality so there is obviously still seems to be an issue with the box. 

Community Team

Hi

If you remove the aerial from the YouView box, retune, connect the aerial again and then retune, do the channels still show the same signal strength.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

colin2345
Team Player

hi Karl. did exactly as you described this afternoon the picture on BBC2 SD was breaking up badly looked at settings beforehand signal strength 63% picture quality 74% after doing the routine and rechecking signal strength 64% picture quality 100% seemed fine then one hour after that it started to break up again. did a check signal strength 64% picture quality was back down to 70% so went back to direct TV. perfect picture. 

Community Team

Hi Colin 

A TV box is on the way to see if there is an issue with the tuner.

Thanks

Karl. 

colin2345
Team Player

hi Karl. the new box arrived this morning thank you. so far so good. now gives a reading of 75% signal strength and 100% picture quality so hopefully it is going to solve the issue.

I have the old box ready to return but would like to know what to do with the old router do I send it back with the box or dispose of it elsewhere.

thanks colin.

Community Team

Hi

You can post the router back with the box.

glad to hear the new one is an improvement.

Thanks

Karl. 

colin2345
Team Player

box and router returned today via royal mail.  glad to report the system is working better. there is still the occasional break up on my internet tv channels [boosts] but the new box seems stable just now. will advise on here if it alters in performance. thanks again Karl for all your help. 

colin.

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Glad to help.

Karl 

colin2345
Team Player

hi Karl. well reporting back since the new box and router has settled in. the new box is fine but the router is causing issues. internet is very slow will not run videos or run games. it just drops out all the time. static pages do load eventually but nothing else. all the while the router says it's still connected on full strength. TV boosts have started breaking up again also so it seems a connection issue with the new router.. 

Community Team

Hi

I'll swap out the router for a different model and when this arrives I can update it to the latest firmware.

Thanks

Karl. 

colin2345
Team Player

new router installed. ready for update. thanks Karl,

Community Team

Hi

Router firmware now updated.

Thanks

Karl.