would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router trials

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Hi i recently recieved a email for a trail, i dont live with my Dad but the talktalk account is in my name as hes not very good with computers, im just wondering is it worth me setting up the trial for my Dad? He did set up the huawei router he has now months ago with no issues, im just wondering what to expect with the new router as i dont want my dad to be pulling his hair out with stress as hes in his 60s.

I just thought id ask first as i only have until the 10th of Jan to take the survey for trials.

Kind regards

Lee

Divsec
Community Star
Hi Lee, my suggestion would be leave well alone! It ain't broke don't fix it .
Most trials have a phase where things go wrong, bits break, users do something daft because the interface allowed them. Your dad doesn't need the hastle.
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Nobody was replying so ive taken the survey about 30 minutes ago, i rang my Dad today and asked what he wanted to do as its a router thats not been fully tested and he said just do it, im a bit worried now after your reply, all it said after i finished the survey that i would be emailed back if ive been successful with router trials before 16th jan 2019.

Lee

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

How would i cancel that request? Is it something customer services could do?

Lee

ferguson
Community Star

If you get an email telling you that you/your dad have been selected just tell them you have changed your mind and apologise for being a time waster.

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Ok thank you

Divsec
Community Star
Good decision, they usually give you a chance to reverse your decision, and if not you can leave the trial router in the box:-)
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

I did see it on tv and being sold the router, so thought there wouldnt be any problems, but i think theres more to it than that, but like you said if its working fine then why change it, his fibre does get slow thats why we both thought it might help the new router, but if its gonna cause issues for him then im gonna have to do as you have stated and ask if i can change my decision and avoid trials.

Lee

ferguson
Community Star

You didn't see it on TV, this is a new and unspecified model altogether. You seem to be confusing with the recent Hub.

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Screenshot_20190109-172712.png

Its when i sign into my talktalk account i see it.

ferguson
Community Star

Yep, that's the latest WiFi hub available for sale. Nothing to do with the trial your dad was notified of. Are you misunderstanding the word "trial" in some way?

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

I did see the new router with the new broadband deals today on Quest channel

ferguson
Community Star

I think you are totally missing the point, the trial invitation is for a model yet to be released and asking for volunteers to test it, hence the use of the word "trial."

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Probably yes, thanks for the help everyone, take care.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, and don't drop your dad in it next time!  🙂