NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFO York down

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 26 of 26

Is anyone's UFO in York still working?   My whole street has been down since late Saturday night.

The line seems to be fine but we don't get any response from the DHCP server, very annoying.

Incredibly the UFO helpline is not open on a Sunday so we can't get any updates as to when it will be fixed (none of the line checker tools on the TalkTalk website have ever worked with UFO).

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Morning,

Thank you both for confirming. I've let the team know now and also asked if they know what has caused this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

thanks for the tip. it magically started working again after a while haha

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 26

Hi DaveC10.

On your router you need to go to the WAN page and set it to use AUTOMATIC IP for the WAN connection type and it should work.

I have a Asus router and this is what my WAN page looks like, try and set yours the same as this.

WAN.png

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Hi Michelle

I managed to get mine working. But i had to use the Talktalk router. for the past two years i have been using my own router. Any ideas?

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 26

Hi Michelle.      It's come back up - looks like our whole street is fine now.

Thanks for chasing it up for us, it is appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi,

No I understand.

Dave - Can you also add your name and home telephone number to your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 26

Thanks Michelle.   I don't mean to be getting at you, but it feels to all of us in our street that nothing has been done or even looked at properly for three days.      The internet is so heavily relied on that to be without it for 3 days is not good.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I've just been on a call with one of our engineers now and re-escalated this and they are investigating again now.

Thanks

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 26

Michelle,

Are you serious?    Everyone I know in York on UFO is down.   20 people just in my street are down.  

This seriously needs fixing, three days without any internet is just not acceptable.    Who can we escalate this to as we are just getting nowhere.

The lines are working fine - on the ONT modem there is no LOS error light or anything.    It's just that when you are connected there are no responses to DHCP requests so you don't get an IP address.     I honestly can't believe just how bad TalkTalk are - it needs to be brought up at a high level as the team looking into don't seem to have a clue.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi,

Can I just confirm, has there been any change since your last post as the team have advised that they have been unable to identify any issues?

Thanks

0 Likes

DaveC10
First Timer
Message 11 of 26

This is still ongoing for me also. It is now 3 days with no internet and my wife usually works from home. Please can we get an estimate on the fix because of making alternate arrangements? I have seen that some people are linking this to the maintenance in York that will last until Friday.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi,

Apologies, I'm just waiting for the team who check and monitor these incidents to come back to me. They confirmed that they will request an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 26

Thanks Michelle.    I'm rapidly running out of mobile data so an update with an eta would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've requested an update on this now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 26

Staff won't be back on here before the morning, @peteb99. They are usually on quite early. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 26

Is there any update?   It's been 48 hours since it went down.

I should be working from home tomorrow but I'll have to make alternative arrangements if it isn't going to be fixed by then.

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 17 of 26

Thanks Gliwmaeden2. 

I don't think it will be affected by that as it went down two days before that change was supposed to start but thanks for posting it.     Maybe they were doing some prep work and made a mistake?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 18 of 26

There's a service update here, which may have relevance:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Planned-Maintenance/CityFibre-planned-maintenance-in-York-betwee...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

OK thanks, I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 20 of 26

Hi Chris.

I've re-booted the router but still have the same issue.   I've checked with the people on my street and we all still have the same problem.

Peter

0 Likes