cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Allow customers to report scam calls without having to register with the community.

Submitted by GoddessofVengeance 13-09-2018 | 2 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

Approx 11.25 a.m. from 01289 234980:  Recording telling me my "internet line" would be disconnected from today and to press 1 for something or other, 2 to disconnect the line.  Hung up, blocked the no. then came on here to report it; just for a change it does not register when I do this so had to waste 30 mins on online chat to report it.  Now trying for the 5th time to prove to PAULINE this link does not work unless I register with the "community" and log in. What a waste of time just trying to do the right thing!  Why should I have to do "social media" just to report a scam call?

Get more ideas related to: Beat the scammers

Allow customers to report scam calls without having to register with the community.

Approx 11.25 a.m. from 01289 234980:  Recording telling me my "internet line" would be disconnected from today and to press 1 for something or other, 2 to disconnect the line.  Hung up, blocked the no. then came on here to report it; just for a change it does not register when I do this so had to waste 30 mins on online chat to report it.  Now trying for the 5th time to prove to PAULINE this link does not work unless I register with the "community" and log in. What a waste of time just trying to do the right thing!  Why should I have to do "social media" just to report a scam call?

What do you think?
2 Comments
Community Team
Status changed to: Not Right Now

@GoddessofVengeance Thank you for your suggestion. At the moment we have no plans to change this. The reason that we ask you to register is so that we can contact you if we need some more information and also to let you know once a number has been investigated and blocked. I'll also pass on your feedback.

Community Team
Status changed to: Delivered

@GoddessofVengeance We've now updated our Check and Report Service so you can now report numbers to us without registering or logging into your Community account. Thanks for the suggestion.

We've also created a blog about this - Check & Report just got better