Need help?

Have a no router required check box?

Submitted by HarperWyatt 19-11-2020 | 1 Comment

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

I have my own fibre compatible router which I know will work with the TalkTalk service. However during the order process it was not possible to decline the free router. Sending out a router which I will never use is just a waste of time, energy and resources. Why not have an opt out option for expert users? You could even offer them a little discount.

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Have a no router required check box?

I have my own fibre compatible router which I know will work with the TalkTalk service. However during the order process it was not possible to decline the free router. Sending out a router which I will never use is just a waste of time, energy and resources. Why not have an opt out option for expert users? You could even offer them a little discount.

What do you think?
1 Comment
Community Star

It's very important you keep the TalkTalk supplied router in case there's ever a fault with your service. If TalkTalk cannot confirm to Openreach that the service has been tested with the ISP provided device then Openreach can refuse to accept a fault report. TalkTalk can also get statistics from the latest devices both during normal use and during fault testing.

So whilst your environmental concerns are well meant, having the ISP device can speed up the time for fault resolution.