Need help?

Make it easier to get some technical support

Submitted by Mhickey 14-08-2020 | 4 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 1 of 4

Iv been a customer for years with talktalk my internet keeps dropping off and has been doing so regularly all week. I have spent hours of my time just trying to get some technical support and i get nowhere earlier today i finally got through to an online chat which after a few messages it just went silent. Its very poor i just want some help in sorting out the service i am paying for if i cancelled my direct debit i reckon it wouldnt take long for them to be in touch with me with their hands out 

Get more ideas related to: Broadband

0 Likes

Make it easier to get some technical support

Iv been a customer for years with talktalk my internet keeps dropping off and has been doing so regularly all week. I have spent hours of my time just trying to get some technical support and i get nowhere earlier today i finally got through to an online chat which after a few messages it just went silent. Its very poor i just want some help in sorting out the service i am paying for if i cancelled my direct debit i reckon it wouldnt take long for them to be in touch with me with their hands out 

What do you think?
4 Comments
Community Star

If you have a particular problem, please post in the appropriate help section,  @Mhickey.

Staff will respond Monday to Friday on the forum. 

To identify your account, they need you to complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

If you stop your Direct Debit you will incur extra charges. Not advisable!

Please familiarise yourself with the community guidelines. 

Just signed up 19th Aug. Received statement which did not match what we were told/sold. Complained about it and it is obvious that person did not read the transcript of the chat, or actually answer/resolve the issue. Followed by twitter chat and another online chat going round in circles for days- to be told no resolution until we actually have the equipment installed. Therefore common sense does not even come into play. 

We were not asked when we would like installation, we said we could't have a break in internet as we both work from home. We have to give 30 days notice to Virgin which is 21st September - but the Talk Talk installation is 7th Sept - how do we get to talk to anyone to delay, otherwise we are paying two bills, and Virgin have also added £25 to the bill as Talk Talk have swapped the line - when we already told TT we don't use the landline.

Help/signpost - is it worth this much trouble to swap - is this the sign of things to come or is it easier to cancel?

Community Star

@Mardith, this is not the section to post in for help. Check the options in "Help with your Talktalk service" and select the most appropriate board. Click on Start a Topic to create a thread.

Please read the community guidelines. 

Staff can't identify you unless you complete your community forum profile details.  Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your Talktalk landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Virgin and Talktalk use different infrastructure, so the line is not simply "swapped". You may well find you have to  pay for two at once for a short time due to the Virgin notice period. That has nothing to do with Talktalk. 

The first bill from TT will include days of use before the bill was issued as well as the coming month ahead, which is why it is likely to be higher than you expected. 

You can't have Broadband without line rental, so there's no way of avoiding that charge.

This may have already answered some of the points, but a member of staff will not pick up your post here. Post what still concerns you in a fresh thread. 

Staff will reply to that during business hours Monday-Friday. 

Thanks for response - we have cancelled the order and negotiated original supplier down. Wasted 4 days trying to resolve issues with Talk Talk. How many customers have they lost due to poor customer services?!