Need help?

Show Contract length or End Date

Submitted by aviarybirds 27-03-2017 | 39 Comments

1. New ideas

2. Investigating

3. Accepted

4. Delivered

Step 4 of 4

You should include on your monthly bill the date your contract commenced or when contract ends, it would also be beneficial to have this displayed within my account somewhere.

Latest Update: Delivered

Contract end dates are now visible in MyAccount, for more information check out our guide - When does my contract end?

Get more ideas related to: Billing

Show Contract length or End Date

You should include on your monthly bill the date your contract commenced or when contract ends, it would also be beneficial to have this displayed within my account somewhere.

Latest Update: Delivered

Contract end dates are now visible in MyAccount, for more information check out our guide - When does my contract end?

What do you think?
39 Comments
Community Team

@Gondola I'm sorry for the delay. In regards to the contract end date, I don't have any further info since my last post, however I'll see if I can find out any more info and will update this idea.

In regards to the 2nd issue you've raised, I've spoken to Arne, however we're not sure exactly what you mean and would like some more info regarding this. Would you mind creating a new thread in the Billing section and we can look into this specific issue in more detail for you.

Thanks for raising and I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you 🙂

Wizz Kid

Clearly TalkTalk would prefer customers to be kept in doubt over when their contract ends.

So, why doesn't TalkTalk issue customers with a clear written contract stating the services to be provided, the charge for those services and the contract start/end dates?

Community Star

TalkTalk do that, I have always had written confirmation of any new contract. The idea here is for the benefit of those who don't keep that information.

Wizz Kid

TalkTalk do that, I have always had written confirmation of any new contract. The idea here is for the benefit of those who don't keep that information.

No they don't. (see my last posting)

Wizz Kid

Part 1

You were treated a lot better than me!

The first contract I got from TT contained the following text, titled "everything you need to know" -
Your new and improved package
You've now got
· SuperSafe - £0.00
· Unlimited UK Calls Boost - £8.50
Your discounts applied
· £6.00 Discount for 24 Months - Faster
· Unlimited UK Calls Boost - Half Price for 12 Months
One-off charges
· Wi-fi Hub - £0 - £0.00

Wizz Kid

Part 2

When I pressed for a proper written contract I got -
From: TalkTalk Customer Service <info@customer-service.talktalk.co.uk>
Sent: 02 July 2018 17:40
Subject: Confirmation E-mail
Question Reference #: 180704-000612
Date Created: 04/07/2018 10.53 AM
Response By Email (????????????) (04/07/2018 10.53 AM)
Dear ??????,
Thank you for contacting TalkTalk regarding your ongoing complaint.
I know that you have not had a great experience with us recently and we are sorry for this. We always try to learn from our mistakes, and your feedback will certainly help us to do this.
This email is to confirm that you have chosen the Faster Fibre with the Unlimited UK Calls Boost.
Your discounts are:
£8 for Faster Fibre for 18 months (full price £33.50).
Half price Unlimited UK Calls Boost for 12 months (full price £10).
Your package includes:
Unlimited broadband usage with speeds up to 38 mbps.
Free calls to TalkTalk homes.
Free calls to UK landlines and mobiles up to 60 minutes hang up and redial.
Free online security.
Free calling and privacy features.

Wizz Kid

Part 3 (reposted)

Your total monthly charge for your fixed low price plan, plus boost will be 30.50 for the first 12 months, then 35.50.
After this, your fixed low price plan will revert to the standard price, but this is guaranteed for the duration of your contract.
When you are outside of the minimum term, your monthly charges may change.
If they do, we will give you 30 days notice.
You will be charged extra for things outside of your plan allowance such as boosts, international and mobile calls, films and TV rentals.
Calls to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, dial-up internet, indirect access & all other numbers are not included. Please see our pricing page for a full list of charges.
You can call us once discount ends, so we can check available promotions offered or check it online as well.
Once again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.
I hope I have explained things clearly for you here. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.
You can also find lots of helpful information and advice on your My Account at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk
Kind regards,
???????
TalkTalk Customer Relations
Your TalkTalk Team

Wizz Kid

Part 3 (reposted)

Your total monthly charge for your fixed low price plan, plus boost will be 30.50 for the first 12 months, then 35.50.
After this, your fixed low price plan will revert to the standard price, but this is guaranteed for the duration of your contract.
You will be charged extra for things outside of your plan allowance ...
You can call us once discount ends, ...
I hope I have explained things clearly for you here. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.
You can also find lots of helpful information and advice on your My Account at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk
Kind regards,
Your TalkTalk Team

Wizz Kid

Part 3.1 (repost)

You will be charged extra for things outside of your plan allowance such as boosts, international and mobile calls, films and TV rentals.

Wizz Kid

Part 3.2 (repost)

Calls to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, dial-up internet, indirect access & all other numbers are not included. Please see our pricing page for a full list of charges.
You can call us once discount ends, so we can check available promotions offered or check it online as well.
Kind regards,
???????
Your TalkTalk Team