cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband regularly cutting out

Chris159
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

My broadband keeps disconnecting. It’s happening several times a week, often multiple times a day. I’ve tried turning the power off and on again, and tried resetting the router but neither makes any difference. 

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Chris159
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 30

I don’t know. What’s a master socket?! It’s plugged into an openreach Master Socket 5C if that helps. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look unstable. Can I just confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris159
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 30

Done that now Michelle. Landline number is the main one, then my wife’s is the alternative number. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris159
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 30

I’ve updated that now Michelle. The account may be in my wife’s name rather than mine so I’ve listed her as the alternative contact number. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris159
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 27 of 30

Yes I still need help with this. The light changes to orange (maybe flashing orange) when the connection drops, then alternating orange and blue, then finally back to blue once it’s up and running again. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 28 of 30

Morning,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

Hi Chris,

Does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes