cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Instagram, Facebook & Whatsapp Not Loading On Home Wifi

Nicola2023
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi, 

Been trying to resolves this issue for 2 weeks now and not getting anyway over the phone or on the chat function & nobody is providing a solution. 

Instagram, Facebook & Whatsapp stopped loading when on home wifi on Saturday 4th Feb. Everything works fine on mobile network and on any other wifi but none of the above apps (or via browser) work on any device via our home wifi. 

I logged into the router & noticed numerous errors on the maintenance log (DNS name resolution failure). I have literlaly tried everything and cant bare to spend another hour on the phone with no outcome. I thought a new router to test may work but if we cant get the issue resolved as a matter of urgency we are going to have to cancel. 

Regards

Nicola

nicola
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Nicola

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Nicola

No problem 🙂

You just connect up the new router using the new cables and filter and then connect your devices using the wireless password from the back of the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Thanks Debbie, 

Is there anything I need to do with the new router or just a case of unplugging the old and plugging in the new? 

thanks for your help so far, much appreciated.

nicola

Message 4 of 17

Hi Nicola

No problem. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

There will be no charge for the router, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Debbie, 

Yes please send the router as I don't think that will solve the issue as the setting has never been changed and was working fine before Saturday 4th.

Presuming there is no charge for the router?

Thanks

nicola
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Nicola

No problem. Would you like me to order the router now just in case this doesn't work?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Debbie, 

In try when i get home again around 5pm. 

Thanks

nicola
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Nicola

Just one last check before I send the router, could you try changing the firewall level to medium in the router settings?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Debbie, 

Tried factory reset numberous times with the pin. Even logged into the router and did a factory reset that way but no joy. 

Thanks

nicola
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Nicola

Thanks for confirming. Please can you try a factory reset (pin hole reset for ten seconds)

If you are experiencing the same issue then I can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Its like they dont trust our browser or something & had issues logging into ebay as well when it said broswer not secure?

nicola
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Debbie, 

No this is all turned off, Literally tried everything 

Thanks

nicola
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Nicola

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

Can I just check, if you log into My Account can you see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

@Gliwmaeden2 @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Hi, I think I have completed community forum details now. 

Debbie I cant see your response as the other thread has been deleted? 

Thanks

nicola

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Duplicate thread, I have posted on your other thread.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Your thread is in the queue for attention, @Nicola2023.

I will remove the duplicate. 

Staff can't identify your account without your community forum profile details being completed. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; add landline  / account number; SAVE CHANGES.

Wait for staff to respond before posting further, to keep this moving forward in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes