cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

YouTube, Instagram and Facebook issue

Jackg_
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi. Generally had a good experience with TalkTalk till now, but currently having a problem with the above services not displaying photos, videos or loading at all.

Spoke to a chat representative who asked about resetting the router etc but to no avail. Openreach supposedly fixed a fault with our connection earlier in the week, but not sure if this was related - either way, doesn't seem to have had an impact.

The services work fine when on mobile data and other WiFi networks, for the record, so must be our broadband connection.

Also, we have had the same router for nearly 7 years now. It gets very hot and the WiFi connection coverage is getting worse and worse, however I'm told consistently that we are not able to receive a new one. Not sure if the first fault is linked to this, but beginning to lose patience with everything now. Anyone got any advice here?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Jack,

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you  get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle,

Checked the settings and HomeSafe is off. The problem persists.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

As advised, check your HomeSafe settings in My Account and make sure that any settings are turned off.

If they are all off, let me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Check the Homesafe settings, @Jackg_:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-turn-off-homesafe/ta-p/2205184

Having said that, Homesafe sometimes goes rogue anyway and blocks social media at times regardless of settings. 

Staff will reply during the day, Monday to Friday, but for them to identify your account, please add your Talktalk landline number or account number to Personal Information.  

Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff must have this information to assess the issue with your router. 

Look out for their response after the weekend (possibly after the Bank Holiday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes