HomeSafe® protects your whole home online over every device connected to your TalkTalk broadband.
To keep you safe online we strongly recommend you keep Homesafe switched on, however, should you need to switch it off for any reason, follow the steps below.
- Log into My Account
- Select My services from the menu bar
- Select View HomeSafe settings
- Here it will show you what is currently turned on/off
- Choose your area’s to switch off next to any of the three options. For Kids Safe, you'll see a prompt asking if you're sure you want to switch it off. Simply click the blue button (Turn Kidsafe OFF) to confirm, and allow a few minutes for your changes to take effect
Turn off Kidsafe
Here is a summary of what each category does:
- Kids Safe offers nine categories of websites, allowing you to easily block some or all of them. When you activate Kids Safe, you’ll see prompts to help you decide which categories to block
- Homework Time gives you the option to block sites such as gaming websites that commonly distract your children. The default settings will block the websites between 16:30 hrs and 18:00 hrs or you can set your own time period anytime between Monday to Friday or 7 days a week
- Virus Alerts ensure that every computer or device connected to your TalkTalk broadband can be better protected. This is thanks to the warning system, which lets you know when a website you're trying to access is infected with a virus and advises you not to continue
Having trouble switching HomeSafe off? for further help visit HomeSafe Troubleshooting
Remember this is network-level security, if you want extra protection for up to 10 devices then you can add SuperSafe Boost