cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet Disconnecting Daily

mumph1968
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

My internet disconnects daily at least three times a day.

It has been going on for ages!!

Last time I spoke to Talktalk they said it was the wifi channel, which they changed, but it has got worse again.

I don't think it has anything to do with the wifi as hard wired devices drop out too and say there is no internet, so it must be something to do with the router or supply to the house.

I never had any issues in the 5 years I was with Sky!!

If Talktalk are not suppling the contracted standard of service can I cancel?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi mumph1968

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've made a change the router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

In light of that, you are going to have to wait until after the weekend then.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks Keith, I have been onto Talktalk via their twitter and all they want to do is change  the WiFi channel, even after I told them I had read on these forums that it was a firmware issue. One good thing that came from it though is that I actually have a phone number to ring for support, something that I couldn't find anywhere on the website

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

This is a known bug with the DG8041W running firmware V1.05, it needs to be upgraded to V1.06. I'll raise this with the TalkTalk support people on this forum for you, but they will not be back until after the weekend. The Service centre might be able to do this as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 8

Michelle sorry for the late reply, there is no noise on the line and the main socket does not have a test socket.

I have looked at the log file in the router and the following error is shown each time the connection drops:

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does the main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I totally agree with you, it is nothing to do with the WiFi channels. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith