cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet speed seems to be locked at 40 down 10 up since i spoke with an engineer on the 21st

hartsideman1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I will start at beginning , on the 15th dec my internet stopped working at about 9pm , couldnt get any support at that time, i had an old dlink talk talk router circa 2015 so i used that to see if it was the current router at fault ,, Bingo yipee i got service again even though it was an old out of date router.. 

so on the 16th i call tech support (philipines i think ) try to explain i think its the orig router at fault , reconnected orig router fault returned it would connect to exchange but not give internet connection . so level 1 tech goes through the script switch off , reboot , press reset. supposedly does line test , then as its still not working assures me next level will call back today ( didnt happen)

i connected the 2015 router back up to get service again  

next day called again for an update to see if i could speak to the case manager that was going to call me . ( didnt happen ) was told they were working on it .. and i would be contacted .. and possibly sent a new router ( didnt hapen) can you see a theme here .

left it a day or so, as had old router connection and was doing shopping etc (BTW old router connected over 60,000 down and about 18,000 up ) went online to see if any update only to find text your fault is fixed as your internet has been ok for 2 days  WTF 

tried a chat , got cut off and no call back

tried to phone and when things got a bit tricky trying to explain got hung up on

...  so next morning 21st dec now i actually got a tech in the UK on the phone  Abdul( rarer than rocking horse poop) explained it wasnt fixed as it was MY OLD ROUTER 2015 vintage that has it working , he wanted to "Try something" and have me connect the orig router (this is where think the problem arose with the speed) anyway it didnt fix the issue , so he agrees and indeed posts me a new router ,,, and to get service i put the 2015 router back on (but didnt notice the speed drop untill late evening ) down at 40000 down and 9997 up .

got new router 23rd dec fitted new router , yipee new router works ..... BUT its still connected at 40,000 down and 9997 up . so i leave it a while and keep peeking to see if its adjusting up and down ( nope it isnt) call tech support again (Philipines again) dave looking into it this time , finding it very difficult to get a level 1 to understand about old modem new modem speed etc etc , explain abdul did something to speed .. dave says he will reverse what abdul did and get my speed back where it should be but it will happen overnight and be at full speed in 24hours (here we go again that DIDNT happen ) ,,, 

so we are now on xmas eve the 24th tried calling to be told on phone that you are closed and to check online for opening times ,, i checked and its says you would be open but CANNOT get through on phone , resort to chat , explain it all again for the umpteenth time, This time Joy wants a go at level one line tests (GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH ) promised again and fingers crossed that this (might fix the speed) guess what ( IT DIDN'T ) so after no update or call back 2 hrs later I  disconnected the new router for 35 mins  (hoping it would reset or retrain ) it didn't ... 

the router is saying a max rate at 74116 but actual rate 40000 down and 9997 up 

SOMEONE somewhere must know the reason it is LOCKED at this Slow rate ( i have been getting in excess of 60,000 down for 14 months now, with 18,000 to 20,000 up.. and was up until Abdul on the 21st even with the old router ..  

can someone please sort out the problem as i am getting very verry angry , and i really dont want to be angry just want what im paying for and guarenteed... fibre 65 unlimited ...

Mark D 

max speed .pngScreenshot 2022-12-24 155842.pngtalk talk speed .png
Mark D
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

its the fact nobody gives you feedback , or indeed the promised callbacks , then the Computer says its fixed .. i appreciate its xmas and theres not many staff in , but on the 16th dec i gave the initial diagnosis of a faulty router and it still took me until the 21st to get told indeed it was ?? 

sending people all around the world , and having to tell the same to everyone you speak to is a poor system imho . last i heard from joy 2:20pm  was give me 20 mins to do my work then it should be fixed and at full speed ....   erm its not ...  the DLM  should have been reset but it obviously wasnt .. 

Regards Mark D 

Mark D
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

Leave the new router ON from now on.

All the stopping and starting may now be being read as disconnections and affect DLM, so wait for staff to respond.

There's a skeleton service after Xmas, so it might be into the New Year, sadly, @hartsideman1.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes