cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet outage

DelBurgess
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

My Internet went down at 12.20 Friday 19/04/2024. I contacted TalkTalk via the website and doid all the checks...no resolution. I contacted Talk by text and by WhatsApp and have been told the following: a Open Reach engineer will be in touch by text within 72 hours, no such contact was received. The TalkTalk website stated the problem had been resolved. The TalkTalk WhatsApp states that the issue has been closed. I have been advised that the issue is inside my home, outside my home and that the issue has been resolved. I was advised that I might choose to arrange a BrightSpark engineer but may incur a fee of £75. It is now over 50 hours without Internet and still TalkTalk cannot tell me what the problem is or how/when it will be resolved.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi DelBurgess

Do you still need help with this?

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi DelBurgess

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

If an engineer is needed you always have to accept potential engineer charges before they can be sent out, @DelBurgess.

Read this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Please complete your community forum profile details, and forum staff will respond during the day. 

They need to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information (from the drop down menu). SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.