cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Unreliable Wifi / Router

Hi, the Wifi/Router is extremely unreliable and will often drop 2 or 3 times a day completely and have to wait 10 minutes for it to reboot. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working from home and on meetings with clients. It's hard to get any s...

NO INTERNET

Hi, please could someone help. For the past couple of weeks my internet keeps on going down and not coming back on for a good few hours or so. I’ve tried to reset it, turn it off and on, unplug and plug it back in, do all the tests and what not on th...

Internet/TV not been working for about a week

My tv is plugged in through an ethernet cable and won't load any of the apps, it says the internet isn't connected. I've checked the connection and it is saying it is connected. I restart the router 3 times a day and still nothing works. Having to us...

dawn_hdg by Chatterbox
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi disconnection & WiFi Optimisation

Hi all, Hoping somebody can help. Over the last few weeks I have been having issues with devices on the network not getting an internet connection. Devices - mostly been using my iPhone to troubleshoot - will remain connected to the WiFi, however the...

DanMay94 by Participant
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Please disable my WiFi 2.4 channel “optimisation”

I tagged onto a similar thread, but then I suddenly remembered historically that is taboo on these weird TT forums. So before I get chastised by the net police, I’m starting my own thread here. I have an issue when using my expensive Sennheiser digit...

prawlin by Enlightened One
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Extending Amazon Eero

My wifi does not reach much further than the room the eero is in. What wallet-friendly wifi extenders work well with Amazon Eero?

Unable to connect Sonos Play 1 to Talk Talk router.

I wonder if anyone can help.I've been struggling to connect my Sonos speaker to my Talk Talk router after a recent upgrade. I've talked to Sonos, who eventually suggested it might be a router issue after we tested everything else. I've tried everythi...

Austin5 by Repeat Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

No Blue Light on my DG8041 Router

Mt Router has started having no blue light on the front, even though it does have internet but can be weak at times. If i reboot the yellow light flashes, goes off but no blue light.Range seems a bit weaker as well it is an old router but hs worked w...

Wi fi - devices dropping out

HiI have a router positioned on a shelf on the first floor. I have 14 wireless devices connected around the house. All of them are constantly dropping off the network and then re connecting. I have changed the channel on the router settings but this ...

Percy3 by Chatterbox
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Wi-Fi Speed

In the past I haven't had any issues with my internet, occasionally lags with speed. But more so than usual as in the last 2 weeks and especially the last 2-3 days it has gotten really slow to the point simple pages struggle to load. I checked the ro...

Blackout

Anyone else got problems with internet? No broadband TV or phone. Thanks

Bills

I haven't had the money for while to pay my bill, I've just paid up to date will I get my services back on?

Internet dropping out

I have a standard broadband package (no fibre here) and a talktalk wifi hub sagemcom which was provided a couple of years ago at the request of your engineer as the connection was unstable with the old router. The download speed has been pretty good ...

IMG_1040.png
Janetwi by Sightseer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 like

Eero and 500mbs package

I’ve just upgraded to 500 mbs on a Eero pro6. When it first went live I could measure 500+ mbs anywhere in the home. 24 hrs later I’m down to 135mbs and the router is hot. I am definitely getting 500mbs to the house. 3 bedroom detached with about upt...

79E12272-B619-4E9C-8EED-F800B59EC8EE.png

Disable automatic WiFi channel optimisation

Hi Please could someone disable the channel auto feature? I have spent a frustrating hour with an online chat "engineer" who neither knew what I was talking about nor made an effort to read my remarks. Thank you Andy

gt6gt6 by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Internet issues every night

Every evening at about midnight my internet disconnects (says no service for laptop and mobile). It then takes 5 minutes to 3 hours for it to come back online. Resetting the router does not fix the issue and even when the router says it is connected ...

What WIFI extender works with the TT router?

My landlord left a Tether extender device, but I can't get this to link to the Router (the mdoel doesn't come up as an option), so i'm wondering what extender would work. The WIFI is weak upstairs Thanks

JustMo by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

5 GHz dropping

I have new router (joined April 11th) and everything is working fine except the 5GHz band. Discovered this through my LSX II KEF speakers. I need to switch these on/off frequently to reconnect. Checking my router 5 GHz had nothing connected. Most of ...

Andries by Sightseer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Eero 6 updated overnight and now issues with 2.4 ghz devices

My eero 6 updated last night and all my 2.4 hz devices have stopped working. I managed after lots of messing to get some things back on but the 2.4 still keeps dropping. Ive tried turning ipv6 on and off. Legacy mode and pausing 5hz. I think its now ...

phils5887 by Conversation Starter
  • 30 replies
  • 0 like

Internet outage

My Internet went down at 12.20 Friday 19/04/2024. I contacted TalkTalk via the website and doid all the checks...no resolution. I contacted Talk by text and by WhatsApp and have been told the following: a Open Reach engineer will be in touch by text ...

Random WiFi disconect

Hi folks,I moved house back in Nov 2023 and at the new house I am constantly getting random wifi dropouts.Using a wifi analyser I can se that there is a lot of wifi networks in my area and it looks like they are all competing for the wifi channels. I...

Screenshot_20240418_091637_WiFi Analyzer (1).jpeg

Replacement Router

Hello. I require a replacement router, as the other router broke beyond repair has been recycled. I need some help making this a reality.