cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Intermittently high ping, 200-500ms of latency

Been having this issue of a much higher latency than usual for this broadband connection. Before, it would usually max out at around 30-40ms of latency at worst, but recently (beginning around 6 months ago) it goes as high as 500ms and can stay that ...

Changing NAT Type

Dear Community I need to change my NAT Type to open to optimise my online gaming experience. It’s presently set to Moderate, I assume by default. I have a Safecom FAST5364 router. Would be grateful for help in achieving this. Cheers Darren

Random Ping Spikes even with wired ethernet

Hi, i keep getting high latency when gaming. I've ran a pingtest and it goes from 17ms stable and spikes to 100ms+ randomly. I was wondering if i can get some help on this thanks.

0wenb by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi extender to connect ethernet

Hi guys. Not very good technically so hope this makes sense. I'm an avid cloud gamer and although it's fine over WiFi obviously it's recommended to be hard wired for the best experience I have my WiFi hub 2 in the hallway of our home. My game console...

Throttle Bandwidth Control

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub, version SG4K100174 I have a list of Ethernet and WiFi devices on my network with MAC filters. We have someone staying with us currently. Whenever they're downloading many GB of Xbox games, it's slowing down the speed of the entire...

poor connection due to roblox

I have frequent problems with my connection speed.I am a fair way from my nearest exchage on copper wires due to rural location.It seems that a period of slow connectivity really messes my connection up.Have been talking to support about 8 times and ...

Sicog by Participant
  • 36 replies
  • 0 like

Alienware Laptop Causing Internet Drop

Hi, I recently purchased an Alienware x17 R2 laptop and whenever I connect it to the network the internet drops for every device and I have to restart the router, does anybody have an advice?

No access to some gaming and social sites

My access to certain gaming and social networking sites has become limited - across devices and browsers my family members use. Sites include: Instagram and Twitter, battle.net, riotgames.com, epicgames.com, and leagueoflegends.com. The block started...

Da4872634 by Conversation Starter
  • 39 replies
  • 0 like

Wi-Fi Optimisation

Hey, Sorry but could someone please turn my Wi-Fi Optimisation off again? Thanks A lot,Jack

Overwatch 2

I'm having issue, where all players in the game are shaking every say, 10 seconds; I switched to my mobile data connection and this doesn't happen. Latency is fine, uninstalled and reinstalled game/GPU Drivers, Updated BIOS. Does anybody have any adv...

Router and Mode

I want to buy the ASUS RT-AX86U but I’m unsure what to do; I guess I also need to buy a modem to push the internet through first so the router will work. Does anybody know which modem I can use, or does anybody have any advice on what to do; this is ...

Intermittent Disconnects at similar times

Hi, my internet has been intermittent for a while now I've learnt to cope with it since the internet speed is good. But I was away for 3 weeks and out of curiosity I checked how the internet connection has been through logs and have found out somethi...

Two Xbox Consoles in One Household - Open NAT!

I have just received a 2nd Xbox One to add to my home network and wondered if and how it is possible to achieve an Open NAT on both consoles? I have previously had Port Forwarding set up and working correctly for the 1st console. However as I underst...

Disconnections daily

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its bee...

PS5 refusing to connect

Recently my sons PS5 will not allow him to connect to PSN/Chat/Play games.I've tried adding the PSN rule in the firewall, tried setting it to a DMZ but the only way it will connect is if I disable the firewall entirely, which I'm not willing to do. I...

XBOX Live not working

I have spent the whole of yesterday evening and some of today troubleshooting. Tried to call customer support today - of course the phone lines were "too busy" and recommended I call back "in a couple of hours". I am convinced there is an issue with ...

Issues Connecting to various online Services

Hi there, hopfeully someone can shed some light and help further than Talk Talk "live chat". I have come home this weekend and have noticed that i am no longer able to connect to Messenger Calls, Discord Calls, various Live game services accross vari...

Gusto78 by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fluctuating speeds (70mb - 71kmb) and main website login issues

Any known issues to why I can’t log into the main website to view my service?Only lets me log into the community service.Wifi is fluctuating a lot on PS5 and mobile - from unusable speeds to top speeds. Any known issues nationwide or In the area CH2 ...

220C6D00-C1B4-42A0-9E09-16D63017D1D0.png ADDED76E-806E-4463-A2F5-29E852085131.png 2A80FACA-2D0F-44A8-96D4-676D69C48C06.png
Zonnks by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

How do we request for a new router with more ethernet ports?

As title suggests. The eero router they gave us only has one usable ethernet port. We would like to get a new one with more ports. How do we go about this? Talktalk aren't offering much help over the phone. Also where is the chat functionality to tal...

AsadK471 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi speed

Hi there I have a problem again, my wifi is very very slow for some reason even tho I have like 4 or 5 devices connected to it and I am very close to thr router. No matter what I do it is still very slow, my download speed is 1.65 and my upload speed...

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Gaming Latency

Hi, i've recently started playing online again on my ps5. The connection speeds download and upload are fine, everything works super fast but when i play a game online there is so much lag and interference that its unbearable to play. I've tried rese...

Paschal94 by Popular Poster
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like