Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

PS5 refusing to connect

Recently my sons PS5 will not allow him to connect to PSN/Chat/Play games.I've tried adding the PSN rule in the firewall, tried setting it to a DMZ but the only way it will connect is if I disable the firewall entirely, which I'm not willing to do. I...

XBOX Live not working

I have spent the whole of yesterday evening and some of today troubleshooting. Tried to call customer support today - of course the phone lines were "too busy" and recommended I call back "in a couple of hours". I am convinced there is an issue with ...

Issues Connecting to various online Services

Hi there, hopfeully someone can shed some light and help further than Talk Talk "live chat". I have come home this weekend and have noticed that i am no longer able to connect to Messenger Calls, Discord Calls, various Live game services accross vari...

Gusto78 by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fluctuating speeds (70mb - 71kmb) and main website login issues

Any known issues to why I can’t log into the main website to view my service?Only lets me log into the community service.Wifi is fluctuating a lot on PS5 and mobile - from unusable speeds to top speeds. Any known issues nationwide or In the area CH2 ...

220C6D00-C1B4-42A0-9E09-16D63017D1D0.png ADDED76E-806E-4463-A2F5-29E852085131.png 2A80FACA-2D0F-44A8-96D4-676D69C48C06.png
Zonnks by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

How do we request for a new router with more ethernet ports?

As title suggests. The eero router they gave us only has one usable ethernet port. We would like to get a new one with more ports. How do we go about this? Talktalk aren't offering much help over the phone. Also where is the chat functionality to tal...

AsadK471 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi speed

Hi there I have a problem again, my wifi is very very slow for some reason even tho I have like 4 or 5 devices connected to it and I am very close to thr router. No matter what I do it is still very slow, my download speed is 1.65 and my upload speed...

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Gaming Latency

Hi, i've recently started playing online again on my ps5. The connection speeds download and upload are fine, everything works super fast but when i play a game online there is so much lag and interference that its unbearable to play. I've tried rese...

Paschal94 by Popular Poster
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Thank you

Thank you for nothing i just get disconnect from poker match where i had 1200£ i hope you burn in hell, worst broadband company i ever had, no more

BigWojcz by Popular Poster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Xbox 360/Live

Hey, I've been having issues with my Xbox 360. As soon as I turn it on, my WiFi slows down and when I connect to Xbox Live it seizes up almost completely. Nothing else has this effect on my WiFi. When I switch the Xbox off, my WiFi is the slow for a ...

Game server being blocked by talk talk

When I try to connect to the ranking server on a game I'm playing, it won't let me. I have done some testing and the issue does not seem to be with any firewall or antivirus, nor with my computer or the game server. I know another person who has this...

Silrer12 by Chatterbox
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Loss of Internet

Can anyone help I am sick of losing my Internet, it will work sometime week sometime days fine then just stop. Line test says the line is fine the router says no Internet coming into the home. Today its been down now for 6 hours and still not working...

Angela49 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Please Help for Gaming Optimization

Hi,As a frequent gamer, I've been suggested to request to set up my broadband to gain lower pings and a better gaming connection (interleaving, fast path etc).Could you please apply these settings to my connection? I will diagnose my connection once ...

Ps5 lagging while gaming

Hi,I bought my son a PS5 for Christmas and the lag has been horrendous since day one, Wifi optimisation sounds like its the cause from what I've read in this community.. Can someone from the support team switch my WiFi optimisation off?Please and tha...

Intermittent disconnects

Been suffering constant disconnects since Saturday now, every 5-30 minutes the internet will drop out completely for anywhere between 30 seconds to 15 minutes. I'm unable to do anything online that is streaming related as I'll simply disconnect and g...

LevelRed by Popular Poster
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

No Port Forwarding working and no static IPs (Firmware?)

I've recently joined TalkTalk and currently can't seem to set static IP's, nor do the port forwarding I have setup seem to work. I believe my Firmware is out of date, but I can't seem to work out how to update it (I can see the functionality, but nee...

Stewarts by Popular Poster
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Issues with Discord/Whatsapp VoIP and Ring Devices

Hello, I was doing some decorating which involved unplugging the router for about 2 hours.Now the router is back online, I am unable to join Discord Voice services, make any video calls on WhatsApp (But it is fine on 4G), and also my two ring devices...

PACKET LOSS ISSUES - STILL!!!!

I have had packet loss issues for over a week now. Talk Talk just doing nothing to fix this. I have been sent out 2 different routers both of which has had ZERO difference. I have tried everything my end to ensure it is not a hardware issue. I have t...

megmog29 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Losing connection while gaming

Hello, for the past few weeks since I’ve upgraded from PS4 to PS5 I continually lose connection or experience severe lag while playing modern warfare, I’ve tried rebooting router, restarting PS5 etc but nothing seems to work to fix the problem. I’ve ...

Packet loss

I need help I’ve had constant packet loss for days now, months even. Ima gamer on fortnite and it’s impossible to play I have fairly decent ping but constant packet loss 5% to 35% and I can’t find the solution I’m sick of the same answers on google i...

Can't connect to Minecraft Realms.

Hi, I apologize for the strange post but I believe this to be a problem with my router's firewall and I was wondering how I can fix this. My friends have set up a Minecraft Realm for us to play on. I could always connect to them fine until I got a ne...

Aituok by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband becomes very unstable past a certain time

Hi,I am encountering the same Issue that I was experiencing around the end of last year. I have made a post about this in February however, completely forgot about writing it due to being really busy. From that post Chris OCE suggested to use the tes...

Bartosz1 by Participant
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like
Labels