cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Bill

We left you ages ago. You are given us a bill. Not need because we have not use any off your data. Thanks.

Marcus12 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router slow and bottlenecking

Hi there, We have a very old router, a HG633. Over the past 6 months it has slowed down considerably. Rebooted, reset to factory, changed cables, nothing has helped. Gaming has become worse over the last 6 months, ping has risen by over 15 on every s...

ZeeKz by Team Player
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Internet speed halved after outage

Hi,2 days ago, precisely at midnight, connection went down and restored by itself during the night.Since then my speed has gone down from 76mbit to 37mbit.I'm very confident the issue is not on my side.What I tested so far- reset the router, check th...

ry00000 by Popular Poster
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Line speed dropped to exactly 40Mbit

HiI'm on Fibre 65 and used to get around 45+Mbit speed. My line speed (on my monthly roll-over date, though that might just be a coincidence) has dropped to 39998Kbps and won't go above that, even if I try to force the SNR margin down.Can one of the ...

Resolved! FAST5364 UPnP features intermittent

Hi. I'm trying to look at the UPnP features of my FAST5364. Specifically, the count of WAN data up/down, so I can display it in my IoT front end alongside a number of other statistics of my house. The UPnP features for External IP and WAN Status seem...

kdmcm by Whizz Kid
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Slow internet

Hi Team. I'm seeing slow downs again and well below guaranteed minimum to an almost unusable speed. A router reboot will still not get speeds above 8Mbit {checking at router) Nothing changed in the house. Had this several times in past and each time ...

TimWN by Conversation Starter
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

High packet Loss

Been experiencing serious network lag showing continuous packet loss (excess of 30%) using an online system - Second Life (SL).SL is based around Portland USA and uses Amazon Web Services.I have the standard 'Talktalk Wi-Fi Hub', 60mbps fibre and spe...

Sleepy by Team Player
  • 48 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Finding help

Can somebody please tell me how I find the actual help section on the talktalk website? I have a long series of problems, all of which boil down to "I'm getting terrible service", and I would like to discuss them with a real person via their interact...

Speed, Lies, broken promises.

I will start with the speed issue, I used to have nothing but praise for Talk Talk, sadly that has now dwindled.I used to enjoy speeds of 63455Kbps down and 20000Kbps up. Good quality connection with no connection or usage problems for audio and or v...

Bayleyvilla by Conversation Starter
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Broaband Issue - Contact our team button not working

Hi, I've got an issue with my broadband line (I think it's been aggressively DLM'd as I had a fair few power cuts recently and I can see the noise margin on my line is up at 14.2dB, it looks like i'm being banded). The portal is recognising and issue...

Need update on fault REP-11674598

For two weeks I have been experiencing constant disconnects and 0.5-3mb down 0.2mb up when it is connected which is all but useless. I reported the fault in the 2nd of August, with no updates from Openreach except to say that an engineer is visiting ...

Broadband Usage

I am told by a TT colleague that I should be able to establish my Monthly and Yearly BB usage by logging on to my account. However I get a notice that says this information is not available.So Community please help me.

joe942 by Team Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Link Rate reduced too 9997/39999 Kbps

Good Morning,I noticed my broadband was running slow on the evening of the 28th April, when checking on Friday the 29th I saw that my "Link Rate: 9997/39999 Kbps" this is much reduced from my normal rate which from memory was in the low 60MbpsThis mo...

JohnC6 by Conversation Starter
  • 60 replies
  • 0 like

Router firmware SG4K100136

I think my router was updated this morning to this firmware (looking at the logs) I experienced connection drops throughout the morning between 09:30 and 11:30. I have restarted the router and Powerline adapters that have been working well. Line spee...

steviejay_0-1650633968809.png

What happens if you have G-Fast and bypass the OpenReach Modem?

I had fibre65 which was rock steady and fast (60 down 20up) - i then got invited to upgrade to Fibre150 - and despite a return visit from openreach I find the service is unreliable (cutting out frequently and box resetting) and has never given the sp...

timple by Team Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like