Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Need update on fault REP-11674598

For two weeks I have been experiencing constant disconnects and 0.5-3mb down 0.2mb up when it is connected which is all but useless. I reported the fault in the 2nd of August, with no updates from Openreach except to say that an engineer is visiting ...

Broadband Usage

I am told by a TT colleague that I should be able to establish my Monthly and Yearly BB usage by logging on to my account. However I get a notice that says this information is not available.So Community please help me.

joe942 by Team Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Link Rate reduced too 9997/39999 Kbps

Good Morning,I noticed my broadband was running slow on the evening of the 28th April, when checking on Friday the 29th I saw that my "Link Rate: 9997/39999 Kbps" this is much reduced from my normal rate which from memory was in the low 60MbpsThis mo...

JohnC6 by Conversation Starter
  • 60 replies
  • 0 like

Router firmware SG4K100136

I think my router was updated this morning to this firmware (looking at the logs) I experienced connection drops throughout the morning between 09:30 and 11:30. I have restarted the router and Powerline adapters that have been working well. Line spee...

steviejay_0-1650633968809.png

What happens if you have G-Fast and bypass the OpenReach Modem?

I had fibre65 which was rock steady and fast (60 down 20up) - i then got invited to upgrade to Fibre150 - and despite a return visit from openreach I find the service is unreliable (cutting out frequently and box resetting) and has never given the sp...

timple by Team Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Misleading Sync Speed on MyAccount vs Router

Good Morning, I noticed a discrepancy with the "speed to your router" on the "MyAccount" section of the talktalk website vs what is actually stated on the router (I also have Openreach data proving the figure on the router is correct). I was hoping t...

DG8041W 1.06t firmware upgrade?

Hi all, after a week of poor throughput speed and exhausting all of the hardware tests I can think while off work I stumbled on the issue of Kernel Panics & service dropouts on one of the wifi bands on 1.05t, which I get regularly. I saw that 1.06t i...

cwponty by Participant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Low download speed with Cisco VPN and speedtest.net

Good morning! I have been having issues with my download speed with certain applications. I recently had work carried out by Openreach, who replaced all of my internal wiring and the external wiring all the way to the green street cabinet. Since that...

Network Congestion ?

I have a Fibre 65 service which until recently had been excellent most of the time day & night but now for much of the day I'm struggling to get 0.5Mbps throughput. So I've used the online tester at least twice recently & am told my line is fine, 80M...

chtechie by Conversation Starter
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Router Connection Rates V Speed Test

Hi,I'm on the Fibre 65 package and am confused by the speed readings from the Sagemon 5364 router and Ookla. Router indicates connected at 72 Mbps see below. xDSlLine 1Status UPConnection Time 15h14m48sLink Status UPStandard VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)L...

mick_t by Chatterbox
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

possible router issues

hiIm using your award winning router and im on fiber65 Ive noticed that when i stream (All4 in HD) using talk talk power line adapters, connected to the router I have a PC also cabled to the router. when i run the speed tests Im getting 0.2 mb up as ...

tt speed.JPG tt speed 2.JPG

Reset DLM please ...

Please could my DLM be reset please. My line has been retraining quite consistently for a few days and my upload speed has dropped from about 7000 to now about 2000 - its never been like this before. Please could an OCE have a look and reset or sugge...

jamesvcc by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Turn off auto optimisation on my router

Hi, I was wondering if auto channel optimisation can be turned off? Especially on the 5Ghz band as literally every single one of my neighbours and my router is located on the 48 channel.When switching it to 64 manually it decides to switch back. Than...

Nucleus by Popular Poster
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Faulty router.

I have reported a router that keeps dropping a connection. You said you would have BT check the line to the property and let me know the result. They checked and said the line was fine. You did not get back to me. The router is probably ten years old...

Options for faster upload speed

My service is currently causing 2 problems when I want to upload data:The upload speed is slow (1.0 Mb/s) which makes some large uploads impractical.While uploading data, the whole internet access slows down to painful speeds.So, based on my connecti...

HG633 speed issues.

I have a TalkTalk HG633 router (v2.00t) that for the last couple of months seems to be reducing throughput to a the port that connects to my TV/ and entertainment systems. After a full reset the box provides very good data rates, better than 60MB/s, ...

Broadband speed dropped to 11M

No idea why, my broadband speed dropped to 11M today. Not able to get help from live chart as they are all busy. Tried to reset the router by powering it off for 30mins. No improvement so far.

Internet service being throttled?

Hey guys, I’m normally on a service which is guaranteed 18mbps which recently has been working fine. However recently my speeds have been reduced to 4.5mbps. It never goes above this amount, I feel like I may be getting my service reduced for some re...

Labels