cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Very Important - V2 Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster

Do not connect this new version of the FAST266 WiFi booster until you have checked the firmware version on your Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. The Wi-Fi Hub must be running a minimum of V202 firmware, before attempting to connect this V2 Wi-Fi Booster. If it is...

V202 firmware.png

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Not Working

As others are experiencing in multiple posts in the past few weeks, I am also having the same issue with Cisco AnyConnect. My work laptop fails to connect via my home TalkTalk Router (FAST 5364-3.T8). My personal laptops, which don't use Cisco Anycon...

router

Hello, I would like to replace the router because the red light is flashing very often and the connection is lost.

kristo by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

return bag router

I was sent a new router, was asked to send old one back, but no return back was in with packaging is this place to request one, if not how do I get one

Router

HiI think I need a new router box as I am losing the broadband on my laptop, television and Alexa on a regular basis. I have had this router for approximately 25 years and I feel it is past its' best as there are more up to date and technologically a...

No internet for 2 weeks

I've had no internet for 2 weeks now. I have asked for a new router and an engineer to be called out to see me, but have been denied it because there is an outage with openreach in my area? I've had no updates or seen any openreach vans in my area to...

Wen1234 by Repeat Guest
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Router problem

Our router is dropping in and out and affecting our speed . It is very, very old. When we signed up for fibre 65 we were told a new updated router would be sent to us but it never has been so we have had to continue with the old one which is now givi...

G&T62 by Sightseer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Speed to router

Why when speed to router over 7 days is slow and line check shows problems does TalkTalk want tests in the home and changes made in the home. Also why wont they give me a new router when connection light has failed but router is working. How am I sup...

miner49 by Chatterbox
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Router

I need a new router, mines broken. I can’t see where I can order one

Sarahmw by Newbie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

New To Broadband and Talk Talk

This is my second time of posting - not sure what happened to my first post, so I'll try again. If the first one does make an appearance, I'll be sure to delete this one. I recently moved over from Shell Energy to TalkTalk. I only ever had the phone ...

ellab by Sightseer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

How do I get a replacement router?

Hi My router is flashing orange light, i.e. no internet connection.Wifi is OK.I've tried "off/wait-20-minute/on" restart & also hard reset with pinhole on back.TalkTalk have run a line test & all is OK.I tried my old TalkTalk router & that still work...

mps drops by at least half

router is HUAWEI H635 this is ten years old and I think its past its best, down to 20 mps or less, switch off for 30 minutes turn on again and its back up to 50 mps, This lasts for a couple of days, then back down to 20 or less.I have changed channel...

byson1 by Sightseer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Router not responding

Hi, I have a WiFi Hub router. Had it for several years with no issues. On Tue at around 7pm the light started flashing orange and we lost both WiFi from the router and Inernet connectivity (even to a PC plugged directly in over ethernet). I switched ...

Internet not working

Can somebody please help. My mum's Internet hasn't been working for weeks. Whenever I call talktalk all they ask me to do is reset the router, then send me another one and blame the router saying it's faulty.Yesterday on live chat somebody said its b...

Router

My router hasn't worked for the last 4 days. My line has been tested. Been on chat wirh colleague for over an hour and still no outcome. When I use a really old router everything is fine. But it's not a fibre router. How can this be fixed or a new ro...

Tina18 by Sightseer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Router

HiI have been moved automatically from Shell over to talktalk. I am able to use the broadband, but the line tests show that they cannot identify (obviously) my router.My question therefore, is how do I get a new talk talk routerAlso, by connection is...

Cisco VPN problems

HiSame as so many others, my Anyconnect has stopped working. Talk talk live support was useless and told me to go to my IT department. It seems there are ways to reset the firmware of the router?? Please can someone help me with that.My settings are:...

Router is outdated and tiered - need a new router

Hiplease help me resolve this, I am an old post office forwarded customer, i have an old post office modem router, which is loosing 5g WIFI constantly and the 2.4g is very weak i can barely get 1mbps when away from routerwhen connecting through ether...

ya0148 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Roll back firmware?

Is it possible to roll back my router firmware to what it was before I received the WiFi extender? The priority is for people to be able to hear me on my mobile. Wifi calling doesn't appear to have worked since the latest version. I hear other people...