cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Very Important - V2 Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster

Do not connect this new version of the FAST266 WiFi booster until you have checked the firmware version on your Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. The Wi-Fi Hub must be running a minimum of V202 firmware, before attempting to connect this V2 Wi-Fi Booster. If it is...

V202 firmware.png

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Switch over from Shell energy

I've recently been switched to TalkTalk and was advised the process would be smooth and I didn't need to do anything regarding direct debit as they would be able to take my payment with existing dd to Shell.I received an email today telling me they w...

Teressa by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Intermittent WiFi to all devices

Hi, The WiFi from my talktalk router keeps intermittently (many times a day, usually after about 30 mins usage) dropping out when we’re close to it. It’s been happening a long time (months), but now I’ve had enough of switching WiFi off and back on.....

AlexC2 by Team Player
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Internet connection lagging and very slow

Good evening, For over a week I'm experiencing very slow and disruptive Internet connection.Nothing loads well at all and I'm having to use my mobile data to load internet pages at home on my devices. I have rest and rebooted the device's, and the ro...

Saba16 by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Sagemcom FAST 266

Does anyone know the price of a Sagemcom FAST 266 through TT ? Thanks

des09 by Problem Solver
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi disable remotely

I logged in router admin and disable the wifi using the mobile phone. However, now I can't access the router login page as it's not loading. I am not sure if it is due to using mobile network. I have also tried to login through my laptop by using mob...

Very Important - V2 Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster

Do not connect this new version of the FAST266 WiFi booster until you have checked the firmware version on your Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. The Wi-Fi Hub must be running a minimum of V202 firmware, before attempting to connect this V2 Wi-Fi Booster. If it is...

V202 firmware.png

Using frameo with talktalk

we have bought Agfaphoto frameo (Realview 10" APF 1000 WiFi) for my mother so the family can send her pictures. Frameo requirements for wifi connection are to use a2.4GHz network and to use an IPv4 address . Talktalk broadband appears to provide both...

tanda1 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router

Hi having problems,no TV light on my router.No apps available! Have to keep connecting my TV to internet to watch I player and other channels. Why is this happening?

dropping out

My wifi keeps dropping out it has done so for a while now and it is driving me mad. I keep rebooting sometimes that works sometimes it doesnt. Really? is the best that TalkTalk can do. I keep trying to report the fault but, but can't connect with any...

anne18 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Moved to a new home wifi not working

I moved to a new home, called #TalkTalk customer support and they booked appointment for an engr to come on 16th of August to install my broadband. Meanwhile it will go live on the new house same day now #Openreach the engr sent a message that they d...

Router Problems

I've been having router problems for 2 days now. When I ask Alexa anything she is saying that she's having problems connecting to the Internet! I have a slow flashing amber light on the router. Last night I was without the Internet for 3/4 of an hour...

141144 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Engineer visit

Hi I've been trying to run a speed test which I've now done but I'm not getting my guaranteed speed. When I've tried to look at my home connection it says that there is a job open and that I can't run a connection test until the problem has been reso...

141144 by First Timer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 like

Huawei Router DG8041W intermittently resetting

Hi. I have the following router: Router: HuaweiDevice Type: DG8041WHardware Version: I.1.01Software Version: v1.05t The wireless keeps intermittenly dropping(every couple days on average) for all devices at the same time. Sometimes it comes back afte...

cmhs101 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband keeps dropping

I cannot get wifi on my mobile (only phone). Alexa keeps telling me there is a problem. My router is showing a flashing amber light and has been for the past hour!

141144 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router won’t connect since installation

Hi I had to make the switch from fibre to fast broadband due to a home move. It was connected on Tuesday and the engineer who installed the wifi informed me that the connection he was getting was very poor, even at source. Since then, I only installe...

NS and I

Since I've become a TalkTalk user ( previously with Shell), I am unable to access the NS and I site on line. Customer service at NS and I suggests that my browser is out of date. It is 6 years old. Can I get a replacement from you ?

Junem9 by Newbie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Router Problems

I have latest model router which I’ve had for a while. I don’t think that the 5Ghz band is working as it does not show up under any devices available Wi-Fi networks, even though I’ve named the 2 bands differently, & no devices are showing on the Wi-F...

WIFI CUTTING OUT EVERY NIGHT AROUND MIDNIGHT

As I’ve seen for so many others. My WiFi keeps cutting out every night around midnight and won’t work until I wake up in the morning. No settings have been turned on to cut out the wifi and it’s getting ridiculous. You raised my bills a month after j...

Annawoo by Sightseer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Faulty Router

My router hasn’t connected since returning from holidayThe AMBER Light is solid I have tried everything to get it working but haven’t achieved anything at all, every time I reset it still shows a solid amber light

Devices lose WiFi often

HiMy broadband connection works fine in principle. However, my connected devices sometimes a few times a day stop receiving data from the router via WiFi. What I then have to do is turn WiFi off not he device, and turn it back on, so that a fresh con...

Migration from Shell Energy to Talk Talk

My broadband service has been passively migrated from Shell Energy to Talk Talk. When I started using Shell Energy, I was promised I would enjoy 6 months free broadband and a free credit of GBP30. Furthermore, about 2 months ago, I experienced a broa...

Shell24 by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like