cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Router connection issues - Sagemcom-FAST5364

Fault case REP-14111101 Newbie here, sorry if I'm repeating old issues. Up until last night (Sunday) router (several years old) was happily providing internet to family devices. Yesterday daughter couldn't connect laptop to it, and the mobile phones ...

Occasionally no internet access

Hi Team, my internet connection dropped occasionally and it happened a few times a day. I can connect to my WIFI but there is no internet access. After a few minutes, the connection will be resumed. Can you help to check what is the issue? During the...

kevvvek by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Dropped signal

Hi, both my ethernet and WiFi keep cutting out and saying 'the network could not be found.'I've tried running the tests on the TalkTalk site, but the fault checker keeps giving me error messages when I try to test the line.Please help!

WiFi Signal Issues

Hi There, After a considerable period of issue free service, we have recently been experiencing WiFi connections issues and drop outs inc. buffering. I am on Full Fibre 65. I have change the WiFi channels for both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz but they automatica...

Occasional issues with FAST 5364 connectivity

My old router was constantly rebooting and I got a replacement FAST 5365 box three of weeks ago (more details here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/DG8041W-frequent-resets/m-p/3023076) The new device works mostly fine, but I did experien...

KimJongIl_6-1709837728480.png KimJongIl_4-1709837110479.png KimJongIl_5-1709837517695.png KimJongIl_2-1709837051330.png
KimJongIl by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet connection keeps randomly dropping throughout the day

Hello. We've recently had an engineer around our house to check the connections within our home. He's replaced the ethernet cable as he said there was a manufacturing fault with it which could be causing the dropouts in connection. Since the visit we...

AJW93 by Team Player
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

Devices keep dropping off our network

We have been experiencing intermittent loss of internet and our wifi router was replaced yesterday. Since then devices, particularly our smart phones, have been dropping off our home network. The router's light remains constant white and the devices ...

eelie1944 by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Atrocious Connection, Resetting 6 time a day or more!

I have no idea whats going on with my internet but I'm losing connection and constantly dropping from wifi, at times the router isn't even available to be connected to on my computer. I know its not my computer because the connectivity is just as bad...

laram by Team Player
  • 36 replies
  • 0 like

Faults with upgrade

I am in the middle of an upgrade from 35MBPS to 65MBPS .Since upgrade has been started My Smart Tv and wifi connected printer drop off the connection .Would the "stabilisation" period be causing this ?I have now been on Talktalk chat line several tim...

Router randomly restarts

Hi Talk Talk We have been having issues for the past couple of weeks now where either the broadband connection is dropping or something is causing the router to reset...1981-01-01 00:00:13 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device res...

RossieP by Sightseer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

intermittent connection

Morning, For the last 2 weeks, I have had intermittent connection and slow speeds. It is really embarrassing and frustrating as I work from home, always on Teams calls and often lose connection to the meetings. My family also report the same issues f...

jillnic by Visitor
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

FIBRE65 now FIBRE40

After a recent loss of service, my F65 is now running at nearer 42Mbps not the 67Mbps as shown in the sales blurb.The WiFi is now no longer available in various rooms in the house. The weak signal is frequently dropping out in areas that it can reach...

MBP&O by First Timer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Going back down

Hi after a good run of a month, speeds are dropping again, down from 41 shortly after the Openreach engineer and a new wall box to 30 and holding. (35 to the router) 30 minute reboot hasn't tricked DLM. All suggestions welcome. Also the browse to att...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband unstable DG8041 frequent errors and reboots

Hi, Over the last few days, my Router has been frequently rebooting and all I can find in the logs is the message:[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: [0], Terminal:OTHER This is now happening several times an hour ...

markgw by Team Player
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like

Intermittently high ping, 200-500ms of latency

Been having this issue of a much higher latency than usual for this broadband connection. Before, it would usually max out at around 30-40ms of latency at worst, but recently (beginning around 6 months ago) it goes as high as 500ms and can stay that ...

Broadband "dropping out"

Hi. For the last few weeks my broadband (Fibre 65) has been "dropping out" numerous times a day. It only "drops out" for a few minutes then comes back on again of its own accord, I have a NTE 5C Openreach Box (fitted last year), a Sagemcom FAST5364 R...

rautospoon by Super Duper Contributor
  • 24 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W frequent resets

My DG8041W reboots several times a day with the following error in the logs: [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: [0], Terminal:OTHER I had a similar issue with this router before and one of the engineers here sorte...

KimJongIl by Conversation Starter
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

Faulty Router

Evening. Over the last couple of months the WiFi speed from router to devices (apple, android and windows devices are all experiencing this issue) has been dropping speed or cutting out regularly. I contacted webchat and they updated the firmware. 1 ...

CEJG56 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Phone cuts off broadband

Every time the phone rings and someone picks it up it cuts out the broadband connection. Talk Talk are useless. Thinking of leaving them. Impossible to speak to a human

Dcoop by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Daily internet dropouts at very specific times.

Hello, My internet drops out at 13:55 and 19:55 daily for a few seconds. It's not a long time but I work from home and this causes important work calls to cut out etc. if they're at these times. This happens on all devices, so it is not the device(s)...

LiamVxT by Team Player
  • 42 replies
  • 0 like