Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Thanks DLM, not

Hi I've enjoyed an excellent, for my area, rock solid service. No disconnections, no drop outs, nothing bad at all. This obviously upset DLM and it started tweaking 3 or 4 days ago, nett result 20% reduction in speeds. I'm going for a 30 minute reboo...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Paying to monitor a faulty router

My internet connection which is normally rock solid with an occasional need to reboot was down for 14 hours yesterday 17/05/2022. After lengthy testing of a known working line and after multiple reboots and factory reset of the router and alleged twe...

johnbirt by Chatterbox
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

My broad band speed has dropped off AGAIN.

My broadband speed has dropped off again. I think this is the third time I have had this problem. It has reached the point where I am also getting dropouts, this is extremely annoying. I will post the screen grab of my monitoring so that you can see ...

Smart devices no longer working via cloud

For the last few weeks all my smart devices (lights, heating, cameras) have stopped responding to apps or access via the cloud, has TT changed the settings on their routers? I can still ping and http connect to them on the lan bit everything else sto...

DG8041W. SSID starting to randomly disappear.

Hi, My router is currently an EchoLife DG8041W HW=I.1.01 SV=v1.06t and has been performing adequately for the past number of weeks/months. These last few days the router has been randomly dropping SSID. Only way to get it back is to reboot. I decided...

Pickus by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Lower download speeds with new router

Hi,Over the weekend I received a new Sagecome router to replace my old one. Straight off the bat I noticed lower speeds but just put it down to bedding in issues, so packaged my older router to return. The speed is a good 6-10 Mbps slower than previo...

Line drops and confusion from Service Centre

Yesterday my internet dropped c 1pm, but came back up after a few minutes. Today it went down earlier, during the morning, and was long enough for me to bother to run a test to check it. Though the connection was back, it was below the minimum guaran...

20220506_133453.jpg Screenshot_20220506-131749_Chrome.jpg 20220506_131928.jpg 20220506_134016.jpg

Unstable Connection and new router question

Hi, Today my connection has been up and down yet the router thinks it is connected. Also, because of a firmware update stopping VPN's I was sent a 'newer' router as apparently my old one cannot take the new updates. I had to have the firmware downgra...

JeffWG by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! FAST 5364

On Service Centre "My Router" it states that software needs updating. the router hasVersion SG 4K10002816t, I have disconnected/reconnected the router but it has had no effect.Could you please action a solution. Thank you Neil

iamisaid by Super Duper Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi signal dropping out

Hi Talk TalkMy wifi is constantly dropping out more and more and we find ourselves having to reset the router at least a couple of times a week. Its getting very frustrating, especially as my partner works from home. We have a couple of hard wired de...

Broadband connection frequently disconnecting

Hi there,Having a bit of a nightmare with my broadband connection, it has been frequently disconnecting over the last six or seven days (DSL and internet lights go off on openreach modem). I have had a number of online chats with the talktalk technic...

High packet loss

Hi,I've been having issues with high packet loss over the course of a month now but it has now gotten to the stage where websites no longer load. Restarting the router for 30 minutes occasionally works but it is hit and miss. I've run some ping tests...

talktalkrouter.png pingedge.png pinggoogle.png pingplotteredge.png
Boothen by Popular Poster
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband speed to my Laptop

Broadband to Router is approx 32mbs. Ok for a day, then the speed from my Router drops down to around 1mbs. Restart and immediately back to 32mbs. Have to do this every day or two. Is the Router at fault?

mike_wing by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Terrible Lag when gaming

Recently when I have been gaming I keep getting terrible lag, I've seen it go over 800MS at one point making it near impossible to play. Generally the service is fine but over the last week and a half 2 weeks it has gotton really bad. Now I will say ...

mitch_79 by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router randomly restarts

I have an issue where my router will randomly restart, at random times. Most often we notice this during the workday when working from home, which causes a lot of disruption. Looking a bit further into the logs on the router, there are logs correlati...

WiFi optimisation

Hi,Currently running router DG8041W an am encountering WiFi dropouts, mostly on the 2.5GHz band, but occasionally on the 5GHz too.Could the WiFi optimisation be disabled on my router please, as this seems to correspond to an automatic changing of cha...

rhyswyn by Popular Poster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

TalkTalk WiFi Hub keeps losing WiFi Connection

Hi, I have a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100130 which over the last 2 weeks seems to lose its wifi connection to some devices overnight. Basically, in the morning most of my devices have no internet connection. When the WiFi hub is rebooted the co...

jtunnard by Team Player
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

internet keeps dropping

Hi. Over past few days, internet has been dropping out. Reboots sometimes help but a few hours later off it goes again. This has been going on since Wednesday. What are next steps?

Router requires frequent rebooting

For the last few weeks, I have to reboot my router at least once a day, sometimes several times. Both WiFi and wired LAN connected devices usually report that they are still connected to the router, but there is no internet connection. Prior to this,...

IanLewis by Participant
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Constant disconnects

Hi,For the last few weeks I have been having disconnects happening pretty much at random.Sometimes several in a row. The router reconnects only to disconnect again after a couple of min. No issues are showing up when I do a service status check. Coul...

josef by Popular Poster
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband keeps dropping connection

Have done a line test and the results are : We have found a potential problem with your connection.We have identified an issue with your connection and we need to work with you to fix the click on the link below and we'll put you through to somebody ...

Jowan51 by First Timer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Internet slows to crawl every evening

Hello. I have had a recurring problem where every evening my internet speed slows to ~1Mbps. Restarting the router sometimes fixes it, sometimes partially. It has gone back up to 17Mbps before, but today only 7. The Wifi Hub Black router is plugged i...

Communication error with the gateway

I've just tried accessing the admin pages on my router to find it is giving a:"Communication error with the gateway" error. I've tried rebooting the router - no change in behavior. I'm also sure I'm using the correct credentials. The system seemed to...

jcrass86 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

TALKTALK SERVERS!

Were the TalkTalk Mail Servers U/S for an undetermined period earlier today ~ 20220313? ~R.

Labels