cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Internet dropping out

I have a standard broadband package (no fibre here) and a talktalk wifi hub sagemcom which was provided a couple of years ago at the request of your engineer as the connection was unstable with the old router. The download speed has been pretty good ...

IMG_1040.png
Janetwi by Newbie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Eero and 500mbs package

I’ve just upgraded to 500 mbs on a Eero pro6. When it first went live I could measure 500+ mbs anywhere in the home. 24 hrs later I’m down to 135mbs and the router is hot. I am definitely getting 500mbs to the house. 3 bedroom detached with about upt...

79E12272-B619-4E9C-8EED-F800B59EC8EE.png

10 year old router, keeps dropping out

Hello there.I have been with Talk Talk since October 2014 - coming up to 10 years. I've been happy over that time. However, the original router I was sent seems to keep dropping out recently, and it's really annoying!Am I perhaps due an upgrade? It's...

Internet and landline phone issue

Hello and long time no hear. I did hope not to come back in here, but after a few months of trouble-free internet and phone calls where I was even getting healthy 53 mbps speeds, sadly there has been another decline today with the internet cutting of...

idj20 by Chat Champion
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Router disconnects from the internet

I've had a stable internet connection for the past year. For the past few days the router (Fast 5364) is disconnecting from the ISP and frequenty reconnecting, I can see this in the router dashboard advance settings. The WIFI connection remains stabl...

zorro7 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

5ghz channel disappeared

I have been having internet problems for a number of days. The initial problem was at the local exchange which has now been rectified following a visit by Openreach.I now have a problem with my router in that the 5ghz band cannot be found by any of m...

CMJTW by Participant
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Last nights network upgrade

Last night beginning at 1am, there was a supposed upgrade in process, once my broadband came back on line, I tried watching video on Rumble and Bitchute, the video will no longer play fluidly, it stutters and stalls constantly. It is not the equipmen...

Boradband issue

I am wondering where I go to request a replacement router as mine has been having issues, I have had the same router since I became a customer 4 years ago. I lost WiFi connection a week ago and have been running live tests and troubleshooting daily b...

Allan23 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

5C Master Socket Wiring Question?

Quick question... my bog standard wired (TalkTalk) telephone connection comes into the house to a junction box inside the hall by the front door. I've decorated the hall recently and the wire that went from the junction box (by the front door) to the...

Internet

Hi, my internet has been dropping off - saying "no internet connection" - for the past 4 days. Have gone on here and been told that the problem is with the connection from my router to my laptop/alexa etc. I check in every day but keep getting the sa...

Broadband drop out.

Hi, I've been having sporadic line dropouts in the past month or so (very short drops so no real problems) and I assumed it might be all the rain we've been having so I did the tests via the service status web page. It got as far as this....Screensho...

Screenshot 2024-03-21 093447.png
Tomlan8 by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Frequent drops/Internet randomly resetting itself

My internet as of recent has been randomly dropping as much as 6-7 times in a 15 minute span its getting unuseable at times its insanely frustrating and i need someone to check this out. here are some logs for this. Other times theres no issue and ce...

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Router connection issues - Sagemcom-FAST5364

Fault case REP-14111101 Newbie here, sorry if I'm repeating old issues. Up until last night (Sunday) router (several years old) was happily providing internet to family devices. Yesterday daughter couldn't connect laptop to it, and the mobile phones ...

Occasionally no internet access

Hi Team, my internet connection dropped occasionally and it happened a few times a day. I can connect to my WIFI but there is no internet access. After a few minutes, the connection will be resumed. Can you help to check what is the issue? During the...

kevvvek by Popular Poster
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Router keeps restarting with System reset due to kernel panic

Hi, for several days the router has been restarting taking down the wifi and wired connections. The logs below show 25 restarts at the moment we see the loss of connection. I've tried turning it off for 30min and powering back on with no joy. Seems t...

davebris by First Timer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Dropped signal

Hi, both my ethernet and WiFi keep cutting out and saying 'the network could not be found.'I've tried running the tests on the TalkTalk site, but the fault checker keeps giving me error messages when I try to test the line.Please help!

WiFi Signal Issues

Hi There, After a considerable period of issue free service, we have recently been experiencing WiFi connections issues and drop outs inc. buffering. I am on Full Fibre 65. I have change the WiFi channels for both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz but they automatica...

jsavage1 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Occasional issues with FAST 5364 connectivity

My old router was constantly rebooting and I got a replacement FAST 5365 box three of weeks ago (more details here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/DG8041W-frequent-resets/m-p/3023076) The new device works mostly fine, but I did experien...

KimJongIl_6-1709837728480.png KimJongIl_4-1709837110479.png KimJongIl_5-1709837517695.png KimJongIl_2-1709837051330.png
KimJongIl by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet connection keeps randomly dropping throughout the day

Hello. We've recently had an engineer around our house to check the connections within our home. He's replaced the ethernet cable as he said there was a manufacturing fault with it which could be causing the dropouts in connection. Since the visit we...

AJW93 by Team Player
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

Devices keep dropping off our network

We have been experiencing intermittent loss of internet and our wifi router was replaced yesterday. Since then devices, particularly our smart phones, have been dropping off our home network. The router's light remains constant white and the devices ...

eelie1944 by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Atrocious Connection, Resetting 6 time a day or more!

I have no idea whats going on with my internet but I'm losing connection and constantly dropping from wifi, at times the router isn't even available to be connected to on my computer. I know its not my computer because the connectivity is just as bad...

laram by Team Player
  • 49 replies
  • 0 like

broadband

My connection is continually breaking down

Patm0re by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Faults with upgrade

I am in the middle of an upgrade from 35MBPS to 65MBPS .Since upgrade has been started My Smart Tv and wifi connected printer drop off the connection .Would the "stabilisation" period be causing this ?I have now been on Talktalk chat line several tim...

Router randomly restarts

Hi Talk Talk We have been having issues for the past couple of weeks now where either the broadband connection is dropping or something is causing the router to reset...1981-01-01 00:00:13 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device res...

RossieP by First Timer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like