cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Internet problems

My router is constantly going from white light to blinking red light any ideas please

Pigbag1 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Blackout

Anyone else got problems with internet? No broadband TV or phone. Thanks

Moving home

I’m moving home and have already informed Talktalk. Now they’re saying I won’t get it till 2 days after moving. On trying to ring them to ask why I get no further than ‘we’re working to get your broadband’ then they cut me off. Tried having a chat vi...

Connected Devices

In Manage Connected Devices in the TT WiFi Hub, various types of device may be assigned a suitable icon. Icons exist for computer, phone, tablet, TV etc. but for Smart Plug, EV charger and PV datalogger I can only set Miscellaneous icon. Will other i...

Rich57 by Conversation Starter
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Time for the engineer to come

Iv spoken with you 5 days ago to move back my appointment to 230 pm on the 25 because I work until 2 pm iv go a confirmation email to say its been OK no you telling me that you will be at 9 am

slow speeds only 1mb guaranteed

I have been with talk talk/tiscali for 20 years there is No fibre available at my location.My contract ends in July, I would like to keep my email address but as websites seem to require more and more speed /data I find that 1mb is now insufficient t...

can't connect to internet

Hi having trouble connecting to internet last 3 days when first turn on computer. I have to turn it off and turn it on again and it eventually works also cant get on ebay keeps saying I don't have permision.

lyntramp by Conversation Starter
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Wi Fi drops out

Broad band is fine speed etc fine.but wi fi drops out randomly on different devices at different times both near and far distances from router. Switching the affected device's Wi Fi off and immediately on again restores it.....other devices keep work...

At my wits end

We have been having problems with our broadband for months now.After numerous calls, live chats, several engineer visits, and a new router, we are still experiencing extremely poor internet service. I find the phone calls and live chats extremely fru...

YVM102

Unable to get apps on. Have tried testing connections, unplugged the connector and re inserted, switched off at socket. All to no avail. This has been at least 3 days now. talktalk says there is a problem which they are trying to fix, please try late...

Internet connection keeps disconnecting

Internet keeps disconnecting. Had this issue just over a month ago and was sent a new router. This seemed to solve the issue, but now it has started again. Having to turn the data off my mobile phone as didn't realise I was using my data when the WiF...

Internet and landline phone issue

Hello and long time no hear. I did hope not to come back in here, but after a few months of trouble-free internet and phone calls where I was even getting healthy 53 mbps speeds, sadly there has been another decline today with the internet cutting of...

idj20 by Chat Champion
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Is talk real or a scam?

I suspect talk talk is not a real service provider? I have constant problems and need to keep rebooting my modem to get signal. Often I struggle for hours and the help desk says it’s all fine. Am I the only one with this problem? I suspect it’s a del...

Wi-Fi lost to Thermostat

The Wi-Fi connection to my Nest thermostat dropped out and despite resetting the router & the thermostat I’m still not getting a connection. I keep getting a message saying that my network is either hidden or out of range -neither of which is true - ...

Vonney by Conversation Starter
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Frustrating Customer Service.

Hello,I have an ADSL2+ connection which, when working used to be 30Mb+, but started to suffer from a lot of dropouts. The online diagnosis claims "there's nothing wrong" even though I can see the cap in the router (max D/L speed) and this is less tha...

Losing internet connection 50+ times a day

My internet connection is constantly dropping. It works for two days then goes mad for two days, then works for a few days etc it's completely random. I've tried 3 different routers and this happens with all of them. I've tried using the direct conne...

mrbendy by Sightseer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi trouble

I have been unable to connect my device to my main WiFi but it manages to connect to my wifi extender also I have contacted talk talk for hours and nothing can be resolved I have done absolutely everything possible to try and connect but nothing I ha...

Mistaken Engineer Charge

Hi there, I'm reaching out because I believe I've been unfairly charged for a recent engineer visit, here's why: In mid-March, I started experiencing frequent internet connection drops and slow speeds.After troubleshooting with the live chat support,...

ItsChris by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Disable wifi optimisation

Please could I have the wifi optimisation disabled on my router? The fact that the channel keeps changing means my network is not-working

evilnick by Sightseer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi dropping

Since I moved house nearly a year ago the WiFi drops off about 8 times a day and needs re starting. recently they moved the socket but now all up stairs struggle to get a connection TalkTalk have tested the line and found no fault so I think that the...