Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Connected to router but no internet

My router has had difficulties connecting since yesterday afternoon - now there is no internet at all. I have tried restarting it. I have enclosed a screenshot of the router log.  What should I try next?

1652948386139194724773786856579.jpg

Vpn connection issues

Hi hopefully you can help I work from home 2 days a week recently when I have tried logging in it won't let me log on to VLN it's saying errors messages unable to connect secured please contact provider

Lainy61 by Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

internet playing up

hiya, so for the last few days ive been having issues with connecting to wifi which would normally be fixed after restarting the router a few times (which i normally dont have to do) and today i have no internet atall after restarting its been almost...

codewahn by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Router blocking access to VPN

I have previously used TalkTalk for 18 months with no issues connecting to my workplace VPN. My entire family have in the last 2 weeks lost access to VPN with their respective employers. The TalkTalk router has been checked by my work place and they ...

JPC2022 by Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

My broad band speed has dropped off AGAIN.

My broadband speed has dropped off again. I think this is the third time I have had this problem. It has reached the point where I am also getting dropouts, this is extremely annoying. I will post the screen grab of my monitoring so that you can see ...

My VPN has stopped working sin May 2022

HiI have been using the TalkTalk FAST 5362 and as of 5th May 2022, I am unable to VPN into my office. It was working ok until then, and on that day I lost the internet so called TalkTalk who advised me to reset the router, which I did and it all seem...

myerl by Sightseer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Flashing Amber Light - Sagem Router

Hi Since moving into my new home almost 3 weeks ago we have been without internet connection and the live chat is absolutely useless! We keep getting told to run the same diagnostic tests over and over and they just won’t get an engineer out to recti...

Smart devices no longer working via cloud

For the last few weeks all my smart devices (lights, heating, cameras) have stopped responding to apps or access via the cloud, has TT changed the settings on their routers? I can still ping and http connect to them on the lan bit everything else sto...

DG8041W. SSID starting to randomly disappear.

Hi, My router is currently an EchoLife DG8041W HW=I.1.01 SV=v1.06t and has been performing adequately for the past number of weeks/months. These last few days the router has been randomly dropping SSID. Only way to get it back is to reboot. I decided...

Pickus by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W not forwarding IPSec vpn traffic

Hi, I have a DG8041W with fibre 65 connection. I have a VPN server on LAN. I can connect to the VPN ok from the LAN. when I try to connect to the server from the internet the connection fails negotiation. I have allowed IPSec ports upd-4500 and udp_5...

dw07dal by Participant
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Replacement Router Request

Hi Guys, My tenants have been complaining of loss of internet sporadically over the last few weeks. Today I went in the property to see if I could fix the issue and found that the ADSL and Internet lights on my Openreach GFAST box were not lit. I reb...

Connected to new network message.

Hello,I've just had my third 'you are connected to a new network' message. It says that I am connected to something called Qualcomm. I clicked on my Internet access icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, I'm using windows 8.1, the blue pa...

David104 by Popular Poster
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Lower download speeds with new router

Hi,Over the weekend I received a new Sagecome router to replace my old one. Straight off the bat I noticed lower speeds but just put it down to bedding in issues, so packaged my older router to return. The speed is a good 6-10 Mbps slower than previo...

I need to re- set my ethernet Adapter frequently

My ethernet connection from my router to my device is slow. I have run a speed test to my router and that appears to be OK. My connection keeps dropping and to fix this I have to keep re setting my ethernet adapter. I have tried turning off my router...

shipboard by Chat Champion
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

PS5 refusing to connect

Recently my sons PS5 will not allow him to connect to PSN/Chat/Play games.I've tried adding the PSN rule in the firewall, tried setting it to a DMZ but the only way it will connect is if I disable the firewall entirely, which I'm not willing to do. I...

Work VPN connection not working

I have recently tried to connect to my work VPN on my laptop, which was previously working, but now receive this error message: "The VPN connection between you computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure...

VPN connection no longer working

I am no longer able to connect to my work VPN. Just suddenly stopped working last Friday. Have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing working. Have seen similar posts saying a firmware might need updated? Can someone please help me? Thanks

Unstable Connection and new router question

Hi, Today my connection has been up and down yet the router thinks it is connected. Also, because of a firmware update stopping VPN's I was sent a 'newer' router as apparently my old one cannot take the new updates. I had to have the firmware downgra...

JeffWG by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Issues connecting to Mortal Kombat 11 servers

Hi, as the title says - sometime near the back end of last week & over the weekend I noticed that I was no longer able to connect to the online components of Mortal Kombat 11 on PC(Steam). I've played the game previously - and elements of the game th...

vudak by Popular Poster
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Unable to Access Plex and Discord

I am unable to access Plex and Discord voice services (stopped working recently). I have a Sagemcom Fast 5364 router with SG4K100136 software.If I replace the router I can get to both services so it appears to be a router issue.Does anyone know how t...

TimkT by Team Player
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like
Labels