cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Very Important - V2 Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster

Do not connect this new version of the FAST266 WiFi booster until you have checked the firmware version on your Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. The Wi-Fi Hub must be running a minimum of V202 firmware, before attempting to connect this V2 Wi-Fi Booster. If it is...

V202 firmware.png

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Connected : No Internet

Every night just before or just after midnight I can't get online and have to give up what I'm working on. The lights on my router flicker and I get 'Connected: No Internet' message when I check my wifi. Why is this?

Tv keeps buffering and phones

Hi I think our Internet needs upgrading as tvs and phones keep buffering all the time ,we need Internet for tvs as smart tvs is there any options you could give us please

Jayne08 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Rubbish internet

My internet hasn’t worked properly since talk talk took over my shell contract.just spent over two hours on a chat room to god knows where to then be cut off. Nice work talk talk.if you don’t know what’s wrong pull a plug somewhere.

Leaving1 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router loses connection - Only when accessing online games

This issue has been ongoing for some time and I'm all out of avenues for a resolution. So if anyone can look at the info below and come to any solution that'd be much appreciated, as my current one is "wait for fibre". (satellite internet / cellular ...

Shaun43 by Team Player
  • 55 replies
  • 0 like

INTERENET TV - PROGRAM FREEZES

When watching an internet program through smart TV, the TV program freezes and we have to reboot the router to workAny ideas to how we can resolve this?Thanks

winlass by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Someone Please Help - Line speeds have dropped off

I am about to loose the plot.I can't get any support on live support and i hate dealing with people 1000's miles away in a call centre who just read scripts. I am a Shell customer when i dealt with them it was a UK call centre. Last time i had issues...

Screenshot 2024-07-23 102536.png Screenshot 2024-07-23 093509.png
guppy02 by Chatterbox
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

PS5 LAGGING / DROPPING CONNECTION

Hi, For the last couple of months my sons gaming experience has got worse and worse to the point he can't play anything online anymore. From reading other user's posts, it appears to be due to 'Wifi Optimisation'. Please can someone from the support ...

DarrenM1 by Chatterbox
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband dropping constantly

My broadband is constantly dropping every minute/2 minutes. Done a line check and it's saying its OK. The place were my wires are connected has no top  on it

20240706_115026.jpg

Contract of 0.1-0.7 mb/s

Looking for advice on next steps and wondering if anyone else went through something similar.I moved house and TalkTalk offered to transfer wifi into my new home. When doing the change it was simple at first but took a month to set up. (Lived without...

Poor Wifi Signal in upstairs rooms

My wifi works fine in the living room where the router is located, however in all rooms upstairs & in the kitchen we have very poor signal. The kitchen not so much an issue as we just use our phones in there sometimes. However upstairs is a problem. ...

Internet drops out.

A Talk Talk agent cold called today selling fibre connections. I already have this, having made the swap from copper cable to fibre. The internet quality is now much worse than before, slower with frequent buffering and smetimes a complete drop out.A...

NGGP0141 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet

When watching tv we can never get through a full programme as the internet drops out and we can’t get back on the same evening

DottyDor by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

internet keeps dropping

Since chatting to someone on live chat the other day, not only is my computer signal dropping out the internet on my tv has started to buffer and do the same. Previously it was only my main computer,,,,, so what is not happening?

BlueRose by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Internet/TV not been working for about a week

My tv is plugged in through an ethernet cable and won't load any of the apps, it says the internet isn't connected. I've checked the connection and it is saying it is connected. I restart the router 3 times a day and still nothing works. Having to us...

dawn_hdg by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Last nights network upgrade

Last night beginning at 1am, there was a supposed upgrade in process, once my broadband came back on line, I tried watching video on Rumble and Bitchute, the video will no longer play fluidly, it stutters and stalls constantly. It is not the equipmen...

Buffering on TV

I am experiencing a lot of buffering on my TV and wondered if this is due to a slow Wi-Fi speed or the need for a new router. Talktalk checked my connection and that is okay and the latest speed test was 38 Mbps. Unable to get far with 24 hour Chat L...

JennieL by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Frequent drops/Internet randomly resetting itself

My internet as of recent has been randomly dropping as much as 6-7 times in a 15 minute span its getting unuseable at times its insanely frustrating and i need someone to check this out. here are some logs for this. Other times theres no issue and ce...

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre 65

Awful speeds internet keeps cutting out no help or supportim leaving offered me £100 Amazon vouchers to stay !!’ no way glad to get rid of talk talk

Buffering

Can this please be rectified as the buffering is very disruptive for the past few days .

Nellie11 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

internet fails usually evenings

My talktalk internet has over the last 4 weeks become so bad that we cannot watch TV because it keeps stopping and starting and the last 3 nights has stopped completely. The TV was checked over and was and is working perfectly. speed test 10th at 20....

roneyke by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Fixed today, not working again tonight!

The engineer did wonders today and got the fault sorted. Now all I get is every single programme and film buffering almost constantly! Come on TalkTalk get this sorted out please, your not shy or embarrassed to take your monthly money for a broken se...