Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

I would like to upgrade to fibre...

I recently signed up to the Fast Broadband package, which was installed on the 9th of March following a slight delay. But I find it's horrendously slow all of the time. So, no offense, but the awful quality means I simply cannot really upload anythin...

Issues Connecting to various online Services

Hi there, hopfeully someone can shed some light and help further than Talk Talk "live chat". I have come home this weekend and have noticed that i am no longer able to connect to Messenger Calls, Discord Calls, various Live game services accross vari...

Gusto78 by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Apps on Talktalk cut out and buffer.

I have bought Netflix but it keeps buffering and stopping. Also my talktalk box tells me I have no internet connection, but sometimes I do. I was told by talktalk in a phone call that my router should be plugged into the talktalk box and that talktal...

Dilcia by Team Player
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Fluctuating speeds (70mb - 71kmb) and main website login issues

Any known issues to why I can’t log into the main website to view my service?Only lets me log into the community service.Wifi is fluctuating a lot on PS5 and mobile - from unusable speeds to top speeds. Any known issues nationwide or In the area CH2 ...

220C6D00-C1B4-42A0-9E09-16D63017D1D0.png ADDED76E-806E-4463-A2F5-29E852085131.png 2A80FACA-2D0F-44A8-96D4-676D69C48C06.png
Zonnks by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Tired of this rubbish broadband

Hi, I'm absolutely tired of this rubbish broadband that we've been receiving over the last couple of months. I have been in contact with TalkTalk for months now, yet my complaints have not yet been resolved. Also, for the past week, I have been recei...

Fazal1 by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

How do I check if my contract has been renewed?

I got an email saying my contract was due to expire 28/02/2022. I clicked on the renew button and upgraded to the Fibre 65 deal, but I've heard nothing since. This was over 10 days ago. I've also been having a lot of lag/buffering when playing online...

Slow Broadband and dropping connection

I have fibre 35 and I am only getting 22mb/s to router and a maximum of 16mb/s to devices. This is causing major buffering on Netflix/Disney+ and phone connection to wifi drops constantly and has been going on for months. I have tried 4 times going t...

Wullier by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre upgrade but no change

Hi, I hope someone can help. Our internet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, which was no issue at all. The issue is that the actual service provided doesn’t seem to have improved.. the internet is lagging and freezing as much as it was wit...

Hwalker by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like

Test all devices that are using the router

My Amazon fire stick 4k max apparently has too much of an upload and download appetite causing buffering and screen freezing. Router has been restarted also reset, unused Wi-Fi devices have been turned off. Still a problem. Spoke to Talktalk tec and ...

Wifi speed

Hi there I have a problem again, my wifi is very very slow for some reason even tho I have like 4 or 5 devices connected to it and I am very close to thr router. No matter what I do it is still very slow, my download speed is 1.65 and my upload speed...

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet channels buffering very badly

Hi all, I have a problem with buffering when watching tv on the internet (I have a current tv licence).This results in very jerky pictures and sound. For example, snooker via the BBC website or football via Quest tv, a Discovery Plus channel. My one ...

capers62 by Chatterbox
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

my inernet buffering

my internet signal shows medium signal strength and somtimes strong i keep getting buffering i have 35 fibre also can not get in to talktalk router settings wonder if you could check my router thanks peter 123

Screenshot 2021-11-14 11.11.50.png

Slow Speed 1.9 Mbps from 21 Mbps

Once again my fibre broadband speed has dropped from 21 Mbps all the way down to 1.9 Mbps, that's just under 2 Mb using fibre, SHOCKING! It is impossible to use the internet... This is not good enough.

D4LL4S by Whizz Kid
  • 77 replies
  • 0 like

Faulty broadband router

TalkTalk changed my router about 2 years ago and the current one is a large upright box with a single white led on the front. This has been working consistently well (albeit painfully slowly, but that’s another story!) until a couple of weeks ago whe...

John Talk by Popular Poster
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre 65 with 20Mbps

Hello, I have signed a new Fibre 65 - 18 month contract with a guarantee of 45Mbps, However it is only running at 20 Mbps. On my old contract I was having regular speeds of 40+ Mbps. My broadband is capped at 20Mbps on purpose? Why is the guaranteed ...

3.png 5.png 1.png 2.png

Misleading Sync Speed on MyAccount vs Router

Good Morning, I noticed a discrepancy with the "speed to your router" on the "MyAccount" section of the talktalk website vs what is actually stated on the router (I also have Openreach data proving the figure on the router is correct). I was hoping t...

Router power cable damaged

How do I go about sourcing a new power cable for the router.. mines damaged and every time the lead gets knocked the Internet goes off.

Vcs94 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband speed degradation in the evening

I've had an issue every evening for the last 12 days with my Broadband speed. Prior to this, my speed was pretty good all the time. Between 7 and 8pm (a couple of times, slightly earlier), the speed will degrade from around the guaranteed TalkTalk sp...

wephi_3-1635546140842.png wephi_1-1635546024380.png wephi_2-1635546066588.png
wephi by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Firmware update

@Karl-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk Our health check was unable to identify the router you have connected or its software version.This usually occurs with a third-party router but can sometimes happen when a TalkTalk router is being used. This is what th...

Slow broadband

Our current router is almost 3 years old and isn't working very well, the signal doesn't reach the majority of our house and it drops out intermittently and can be very slow I was wondering if as an existing Fibre Broadband customer we can upgrade to...

FrankieH by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Will I notice a 70m/s drop in internet speed

I am looking to change from Virgin to BT because I am really not impressed with how my internet will drop out for days at a time and all they can really tell me is “oh yeah we know that there has been a loss of connection in your area” and this happe...

Very slow broadband after 'upgrade'.

I was getting around 60MB download and I was assured if I moved across to Fibre65 I would have the same speed as it included the faster fibre boost. It is virtually unusable at the moment. Everyone in the house is struggling. Ran a test and the resul...

Ste7en by Chat Champion
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like
Labels