cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Fibre 65

Awful speeds internet keeps cutting out no help or supportim leaving offered me £100 Amazon vouchers to stay !!’ no way glad to get rid of talk talk

Buffering

Can this please be rectified as the buffering is very disruptive for the past few days .

internet fails usually evenings

My talktalk internet has over the last 4 weeks become so bad that we cannot watch TV because it keeps stopping and starting and the last 3 nights has stopped completely. The TV was checked over and was and is working perfectly. speed test 10th at 20....

roneyke by Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Fixed today, not working again tonight!

The engineer did wonders today and got the fault sorted. Now all I get is every single programme and film buffering almost constantly! Come on TalkTalk get this sorted out please, your not shy or embarrassed to take your monthly money for a broken se...

WIFI

At least 3-4 times a day my Talk Talk wifi just drops connection and hangs up for at least 2 minutes . Most times especially at night its more prevalent. When ever I do a speed test it always good. any help would be greatly appreciated. Gabbydon

gabbydon by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Wi Fi router reset

I have to reset my wi fi router (Huawei) nearly every day to stop devices running slow, and tv buffering. Its ok after a manual reset for a few hours.

Router problems

I have bein having router problems for the last 6 months it's not connecting when we down stairs or up stairs I am.having to switch it off at wall & reset the router thernothing around the router or close by it that can cause any problems & gets to h...

Speed Help/ Advice

I have just renewed my contract in December, and since then my wifi speed had been unbelieveably, frustratingly slow and i dont know why. Nothing with my home setup/router has changed, nothing with my broadband package has changed, just a renewal of ...

Fault Tracker.jpg Speed Tracker.jpg
Rach20 by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Speeds

I am only getting half the speed I am paying for.

I need a replacement router

Hi,I'm in need of a new router, please. Our connection speed to the device is constantly low. I have had live chat twice to try to fix this but still its the same. Can anyone help me in getting this resolved as I'm now paying for a service that I'm n...

Darren35 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Turn off wifi optimization

I recently have gotten a new router from you guys however wifi optimization seems to be on so i keep getting put on busy channels leading to high packet loss. Id appreciate if it was turned off please

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Internet does not work

Internet does not work even tho it says it’s connected and functioning on speed and stability test. This is week 2 Speed Internet is not working AGAIN

Adelel by Participant
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Random Ping Spikes even with wired ethernet

Hi, i keep getting high latency when gaming. I've ran a pingtest and it goes from 17ms stable and spikes to 100ms+ randomly. I was wondering if i can get some help on this thanks.

0wenb by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

firmware update wifi hub

I think my router needs a firmware update as its still on v1.05t and its constantly recently restarting on its own with no clear reason as to why, i have tried restarting it to no avail. Ive unplugged it and plugged it back in yet it keeps restarting...

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

talktalk hub black faulty

I can access the internet, but when I login into the router to configure my wifi setting etc, the router locks up.only option is to reboot. this router is from my contract from 36 months ago. can you send me a replacement.

Resolved! Broadband 65 speed issues

Until recently my Fibre 65 speed has been around 60MB/S or higher. I have been experiencing drop outs on BBC iplayer and other similar services for a few days now which last for long periods. I checked the download speed a couple of days ago and it w...

dangerous by Chat Champion
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Avoiding the admission of poor service..

Hi all,so it has become apparent this week that IF you run a TalkTalk speed test and it is lower than the minimum acceptable level; the test will just ‘fail’ rather than give you the actual mps number.really poor, leaves a bad taste. Anyone else expe...

1C145DE2-96A7-4EF8-872C-F417DE4171FB.jpeg 85E7017D-AD1B-4169-92ED-690E66796B46.jpeg 3CE758E3-41CF-4BD6-9A24-0D1C2DB3E601.jpeg 0D28CD4F-8DE5-423D-835F-C089B11F6E3F.jpeg

Broadband Fibre 65 Below Minimum Guarantee

I ran checks on broadband speed on 9 April and found it was below minimum guaranteed speed, and had been for some time. I then ran connection check and a fault was identified. This fault was logged on 9/4 as REP-12746671. Kept checking fault tracker ...

Vonney by Conversation Starter
  • 39 replies
  • 0 like