cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Impossible to raise a complaint!!

Been forced to Talk Talk following their purchase of Shell Broadband. Having been with them before I know how rubbish they are but only been here 3 days and surprised at how quickly they have proved how bad they are!! Broadband speed dropped on trans...

My router isnt connecting

Hi, my router keeps flashing an orange light. I have turned it off for 20 minutes, turned it back on and still no connection. I have taken the broadband cable out and put it back in, still doesn't connect. I've used a new broadband cable and still do...

broadband speed

I am offered (letter) Fibre65, average speed 67mb/s.However, my speedtest shows 38mb/s.How is it possible to get to 67mb/s?????????????????

Someone Please Help - Line speeds have dropped off

I am about to loose the plot.I can't get any support on live support and i hate dealing with people 1000's miles away in a call centre who just read scripts. I am a Shell customer when i dealt with them it was a UK call centre. Last time i had issues...

Screenshot 2024-07-23 102536.png Screenshot 2024-07-23 093509.png
guppy02 by Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband service

Hi I was very recently transferred from shell to talk talk . Since then my broadband speed ha been consistently 1-6 mbps !!!!. I have had numerous conversations with every department at talk talk with no joy. Despite the fact that my neighbour and my...

Wifi Down Again

Hi, My wifi/internet keeps going down - really not sure what to do as have posted on the community a couple of times previously and it's always been fixed which I really appreciate however It's becoming a serious issue with WFH as I have to switch to...

PS5 LAGGING / DROPPING CONNECTION

Hi, For the last couple of months my sons gaming experience has got worse and worse to the point he can't play anything online anymore. From reading other user's posts, it appears to be due to 'Wifi Optimisation'. Please can someone from the support ...

DarrenM1 by First Timer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Slower download speed after renewing contract

Hi there, I was a Fibre 900 data only customer for my initial contract with TalkTalk and my contract was due to expire on the 16th of July. I called in today and renewed my contract for another 18 months, however after the phone call I've noticed my ...

notgeo by Participant
  • 26 replies
  • 0 like

Speed from router

My old talktalk Huawei router delivers slow speeds even when sat next to it. The speed to router is good. What can I do?

Nowthen by Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Gfast speed reduction

Hello, Had Gfast installed in February as no full fibre coming any time soon, and i am close to the cabinet so Gfast seemed worth it.On installation was getting around 300mbps down and 55mbps up.Ive noticed recently i never get above 160mbps down now...

amj222 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Transferring from Shell Broadband

Anyone else noticed a drop in Broadband speed since transferring from Shell?While with Shell, my Broadband speed for downloads was about 56mb/s and was stable without any disconnects. As soon as the transfer to TalkTalk took place, my speed dropped t...

Slow broadband speeds

Hi everyone, I have been getting slow speeds for the past couple weeks. I am on 65Mbps contract but I have not been getting the guaranteed speeds. Sometimes when I do speedtest in the evenings I am getting 3Mbps and during the day its fixed at 25-30M...

Veiled by Conversation Starter
  • 43 replies
  • 0 like

Closer

Re: XXXXXX Hi, I am moving out of my current house of XXXXXX at the end of July. i want to close my account with you please, last time you charged me twice and I haven’t received the refund yet! My account is also in credit of £10. Regards, Mehdi Deh...

Wi-Fi Extender Kit

This support page refers to a wi-fi extender kit:TalkTalk - Service Status Do you still provide a kit, or do you recommend particular ones to help improve wi-fi connection when you're further away from the router?

Internet Speed

Hi there, I'm struggling with my internet speed, it's currently 19mbps but it always sits between 16-19 which is not fast enough for my use! I tried calling two weeks ago and the staff member said that there was no better service that he could offer!...

CLARELE by First Timer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Issue REP-14265006

Your on line checking system says that there is not an issue.I currently have no connection and having to use mobile. I have a very noisy phone line which is exactly the same problem I had a few weeks ago when you eventually sent out an Open Reach en...

Broadband speed less than half what it should be

I appear to be having major broadband speed problems. Although the problem started as dozens of line drop outs . I expect a handful of dropouts every day but when its in the dozens I take issue. So I decided to check connection health and speed - int...

Berkoboy by Team Player
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Slow Download & Upload Speed

Problem: very slow Downloads & Uploads and Facetime Video Calls have picture break up. Talk Talk Connection test run several times from three different iPads. Reports: Speed to Router 39Mbps = Good, Download & Upload typically 13 and 8 Mbps respectiv...

Wi-Fi Hub 2 - is this for full fibre only?

I have acquired a second hand Wi-Fi hub 2 - as my fibre 65 contract is not due to end yet and the speeds for upload are slow on my devices. Will this Wi-Fi hub 2 work with fibre 65 - my current package? thank you

Broadband Speed

Hi.This is not about me, but my Grandson is moving into a property, i do have the post code if required, and he is looking for Broadband only. I am with Talktalk as is my daughter. My daughter lives just around the corner, and as a speed of around 30...

tsmiggy by Whizz Kid
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet/TV not been working for about a week

My tv is plugged in through an ethernet cable and won't load any of the apps, it says the internet isn't connected. I've checked the connection and it is saying it is connected. I restart the router 3 times a day and still nothing works. Having to us...

dawn_hdg by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Speed test

Trying to run speed test and keep getting "we're having technical problems try later"This has been going on for days.

Wright3 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like