Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Internet speed dropping

Over time, my internets speed consistently drops until I reset the router. When I have reset the router, I have speeds around 40 to 50 Mbps, but after a few days it can drop as low as 0.5 Mbps. This has been a problem for a while now and is getting r...

Thanks DLM, not

Hi I've enjoyed an excellent, for my area, rock solid service. No disconnections, no drop outs, nothing bad at all. This obviously upset DLM and it started tweaking 3 or 4 days ago, nett result 20% reduction in speeds. I'm going for a 30 minute reboo...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

turn off optimisation

Can someone please turn off optimisation. Had to reset router and auto channel is now back on. Iused to use channel 156 to get good speeds but that doesn't seem to be an option now.

Paying to monitor a faulty router

My internet connection which is normally rock solid with an occasional need to reboot was down for 14 hours yesterday 17/05/2022. After lengthy testing of a known working line and after multiple reboots and factory reset of the router and alleged twe...

johnbirt by Chatterbox
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

My broad band speed has dropped off AGAIN.

My broadband speed has dropped off again. I think this is the third time I have had this problem. It has reached the point where I am also getting dropouts, this is extremely annoying. I will post the screen grab of my monitoring so that you can see ...

Slow speeds

I have a Fibre 65 package and am not getting the guaranteed minimum speed of 56. I was on a chat for 80 minutes this morning while they did some diagnostics and was told it had been sorted but it has made no difference whatsoever as I've since done a...

Very slow broadband speed

I have been experiencing very slow speeds over the last few days, almost to the point of it not working. Is there anything you can do to get to a more acceptable speed?

Low speed

Hi, I upgraded my package to FIbre 65 last week but I'm getting download speeds less than 30mbps. The last speed test reached only 18.1mbps. Fibre 65 is rated as having an average speed of 67mbps. What's going on? Cheers,

Poor speed after recent cable damage

Near the end of April the cable supplying phone and landline was damaged, by contractors working for Openreach. The phone line was down for approximately 5 days. A very limited broad band was available during this time. After the damaged cable was re...

Lower download speeds with new router

Hi,Over the weekend I received a new Sagecome router to replace my old one. Straight off the bat I noticed lower speeds but just put it down to bedding in issues, so packaged my older router to return. The speed is a good 6-10 Mbps slower than previo...

Frequent slow broadband speed

Hi,Over the last several weeks I've been getting frequent slow broadband speeds (only download, upload is always pretty good at 11.5mbps)It coincides with me upgrading my package to Fibre65 towards the end of March, prior to this it was never a probl...

Chris_J by Sightseer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

SG4K10002816t FAST5364 update needed

The talktalk dashboard on the status page shows an update is required. I also lost 20 Mbits download speed today at about noon. I have tried restarting this afternoon since then and gained 10 Mbits but will not gain anymore. Please push the update an...

ERRATIC BROADBAND SPEED

I'm been having trouble with erratic broadband speed. According to the TalkTalk portal, I should be getting 60-75Mbps, but over a day the speed varies from about 50Mbps (at best), down to 2-3 Mbps, and about 1 or 2 times a day it will lose broadband ...

Router firmware SG4K100136

I think my router was updated this morning to this firmware (looking at the logs) I experienced connection drops throughout the morning between 09:30 and 11:30. I have restarted the router and Powerline adapters that have been working well. Line spee...

steviejay_0-1650633968809.png

Do I need a new router?

My speeds dip frequently and the solution is usually to turn the router off then on again, which works for a short period of time. When I do a speed test it says the speed to the router is good (76 ) but the speed from the router to the device is wea...

Alisonq by Team Player
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Guaranteed Speeds

I was moved to TalkTalk by Virgin Media, and at the time TalkTalk guaranteed my services would remain the same as that provided by my old ISP. Over the years I have seen my internet speed drop steadily from 7Mbps to 3Mbps but even now I am lucky if I...

Roby4532 by Team Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Feel like I’m banging my head against a wall!

Hello, For some background I have lived in my property for 4 years which has had a stable connection until a few weeks ago with various providers. I used to be a computer and load balancing engineer and have a fair amount of knowledge. I have been su...

Slow Fibre65 Broadband - Some things to consider

I recently moved from Fibre35 to Fibre65 but my Internet speed didn't improve, after much investigation I resolved the problem but what I found during the exercise might help some others resolve similar issues. Firstly this is what I have in my house...

Switched to Fibre 65, speed is lower than Fibre 35

Hi I switched to this a few weeks ago. At first I was getting 42mbps, now back down to 35mbps. It's not my router and it's nothing to do with the line going into the house. There has been a lot of tinkering by openreach in my town recently. While I d...

Help please for broadband slow speeds

Hi The Community has been really helpful in the past, I really hope someone can help me with my current woes because I baffled by it. Is there anything else that might be the cause of it or that I can try? Apologies for the long post but thought best...

Steve92 by Team Player
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband speed dropping over time

Hi - my internet connection has been rock solid at 40mb since the last fix by an engineer at the cabinet. Since end of March nothing changed inside house but speed is dropping to around 36Mb (seems to be trending down) are you aware of any issues in ...

Slow BB and faulty router

Having had slow speeds and dropouts since 22 Feb, I eventually got an engineer to call yesterday. he reset the line and confirmed that as i suspected, the router is at fault. There have been no lights on it for a while and although I was supposedly g...

Captslog by Team Player
  • 32 replies
  • 0 like

Fluctuating speeds (70mb - 71kmb) and main website login issues

Any known issues to why I can’t log into the main website to view my service?Only lets me log into the community service.Wifi is fluctuating a lot on PS5 and mobile - from unusable speeds to top speeds. Any known issues nationwide or In the area CH2 ...

220C6D00-C1B4-42A0-9E09-16D63017D1D0.png ADDED76E-806E-4463-A2F5-29E852085131.png 2A80FACA-2D0F-44A8-96D4-676D69C48C06.png
Zonnks by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Tired of this rubbish broadband

Hi, I'm absolutely tired of this rubbish broadband that we've been receiving over the last couple of months. I have been in contact with TalkTalk for months now, yet my complaints have not yet been resolved. Also, for the past week, I have been recei...

Fazal1 by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband speed.

My broadband speed has gone down from 62.Mbps to 48.Mpbs, approx. this drop in speed has been constant for well over a month. I think this is a deliberate way for TalkTalk to cut costs. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Regards William

willro by Conversation Starter
  • 52 replies
  • 0 like
Labels