cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Broadband

For some reason you dropped my guaranteed Speed of 32 for last 12 months to 24 would like to know why I am on your 65 plan and the best speed I have ever had is 40 download could please let me know why this as happened thank you

gerry17 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

intermittent connection

Morning, For the last 2 weeks, I have had intermittent connection and slow speeds. It is really embarrassing and frustrating as I work from home, always on Teams calls and often lose connection to the meetings. My family also report the same issues f...

jillnic by First Timer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband Speed Gone

Hi, I've never had really fast broadband because of the distance to the local cabinet, and it being mostly made up of aluminium cabling. But I've learned to exist with the 15-18 Mbps. In the last 3 days it's continually dropped in speed and today I'm...

lunsfordc by Conversation Starter
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

FIBRE65 now FIBRE40

After a recent loss of service, my F65 is now running at nearer 42Mbps not the 67Mbps as shown in the sales blurb.The WiFi is now no longer available in various rooms in the house. The weak signal is frequently dropping out in areas that it can reach...

MBP&O by Chatterbox
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband "dropping out"

Hi. For the last few weeks my broadband (Fibre 65) has been "dropping out" numerous times a day. It only "drops out" for a few minutes then comes back on again of its own accord, I have a NTE 5C Openreach Box (fitted last year), a Sagemcom FAST5364 R...

rautospoon by Super Duper Contributor
  • 59 replies
  • 0 like

Poor speed and disconnection

Last ditch effort to get some service from TT... I've had ongoing issues with speed on my broadband line, the last couple of weeks its been terrible. I have a 'guaranteed' speed of 58mbps. When the speed is slow I might get 1mbps, when the speed is g...

Slow wifi on fibre 35 with DG8041 router

My fibre 35 contract has recently been renewed. However I am now experiencing far more problems than in the past with slow speeds ( often below 10Mps) despite no changes in equipment or location of router. Rebooting the router helps for a couple of h...

timjp11 by First Timer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Slow connection for the last 4 days in North London

Hi,I've had terrible Internet speed for the last 4-5 days. Attending video calls is becoming more and more difficult. When testing the connection it says there is an issue but not offering any help to fix it.Can someone on the staff side report this ...

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.59.16.png Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 11.00.33.png
Frock by Chatterbox
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

I need help with my home network

Hello, I just moved home and i was supposed to be helped by a technician to install my network at home. i got a message that i will not be needing any. i fixed it myself and the network was up and running yesterday but it was so poor with speed. Toda...

Device slowing up download speed

Having run a download test which is giving me a download speed of 8Mps on each of my devices there is a mesage stating that a device with the code "68:98:87:51:C6:AF" is using an inordinate amount of download speed. I cannot identify this device. Hav...

Kevros by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Live Chat no longer working

I received a visit from three EE people today, who told me that there's issues with the cables in my area or something (sorry I can't be more specific, not very knowledgeable about any of this type of thing) and that I could switch to their cables an...

Demi6 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like

B

All of a sudden my broadband download speed has virtually stopped. Spoke to technical checked said up to router fine suggested pay for engineer £75 to come in or look at upgrade package to increase speeds. I have been with TalkTalk for some 20 years ...

Today18 by Participant
  • 40 replies
  • 0 like

Need to cancel, advice needed.

I am moving on 21 Feb and have been offered the same monthly price but sadly only half the speed is available. Those speeds won’t work for me but I have around a year left in my contract. I’ve been quoted around £127 to cancel - this seems unfair as ...

DLtthelp by Participant
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Speed Help/ Advice

I have just renewed my contract in December, and since then my wifi speed had been unbelieveably, frustratingly slow and i dont know why. Nothing with my home setup/router has changed, nothing with my broadband package has changed, just a renewal of ...

Fault Tracker.jpg Speed Tracker.jpg
Rach20 by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

router issues

My router has been having issues for a few months now and lately the issues seem to occur more often. Connection drops at random times, or the connection is very week. Even the led light on the router has been permanently off for months. The Talktalk...

can't do line test, speed is super low

Hey, So my download speeds have been shockingly low for a while, ran a speed test today and its <1. It suggested I do a line test, but then couldn't do it for some reason and me being fairly weak on tech know how am now stuck. I am the only person us...

Kirst2000 by Popular Poster
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

I need a replacement router

Hi,I'm in need of a new router, please. Our connection speed to the device is constantly low. I have had live chat twice to try to fix this but still its the same. Can anyone help me in getting this resolved as I'm now paying for a service that I'm n...

Darren35 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Turn off wifi optimization

I recently have gotten a new router from you guys however wifi optimization seems to be on so i keep getting put on busy channels leading to high packet loss. Id appreciate if it was turned off please

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Upgrading

Hello, I’ve been stuck with the 6mb/s ish package for far too long and would like to know if it’s possible to upgrade to something a bit faster? thanks 

Latest firmware version WiFi hub

Hi, I had an issue where my router packed up so have replaced it myself. However the firmware version is showing as talk talk WiFi hub version SG4K10001400t. Is this the latest version? If not how do I go about getting this updated? Thanks in advance...

akeel by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Internet keeps dropping on some devices

Since my Internet has been installed into my new house it has been dropping on some of my devices it did the same in my old house but not as much as here and I only moved accross the road I have 5 kids and they need the Internet to do school work and...