cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router issues

purpledot
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

My router has been having issues for a few months now and lately the issues seem to occur more often. Connection drops at random times, or the connection is very week. 

Even the led light on the router has been permanently off for months. The Talktalk support bot Sarah tells me that's because my router is not switched on and directs me to connect it, which is the most ludicrous piece of advice. 

The router is on but the led light is not and broadband is working... sometimes. Other times not so much. Talktalk, get your act together, your customer service used to be great and your prices low. Now your customer service are awful and your prices way too high.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Hi @purpledot 

The TalkTalk support staff on here are second to none & as @Gliwmaeden2 said they are not the same as the service centre. They do not work to scripts and if the replacement router does not solve the issues, then they will work with you & if necessary involve others until the problem is resolved.

I would strongly advise you to take up the offer from @Michelle-TalkTalk to replace the router. This is why I escalated your fault to them, as I promised before.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi purpledot,

I'm really sorry to hear this and please let us know if you would like to try the replacement router and we can send this ASAP for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@purpledot, the online forum is a separate support team. The new router just might make all the difference. 

You mentioned originally that you thought the problem was with the router.

If it's anything else, it's either within your home or on Openreach serviced equipment outside which will be the same, regardless of the ISP you move to unless you switch to Full Fibre / Virgin.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Too little, too late, I'm afraid. 

After spending two hours on the line to your technical support (plus a lot of time spent previously online going through all the tests on your website, trying to figure out what was wrong, and attempting in vain to contact you on a chat that I was being advised to use but does not seem to be operational), your people told me the problem was solved. But that was not so. I don't know what you did to my connection but since I talked to you, the security cameras stopped working due to very poor connection. I have tried re-connecting one of them by the extreme means of placing it right next to the router and still it won't connect. The message on the camera's app states that there is very poor connection and to place the camera in a location with better connectivity! Thank you for your great help TalkTalk, you've not only not helped, you made matters worse!

Now you offer me a router for the purposes of testing. Frankly, you can keep your testing router. I can not even contemplate another round of your so-called technical support.

I used to tell people how great Talktalk was. I have been with you for many many years and the experience was always very positive. Not any more. Your customer service nowadays is terrible. Your prices are too high. Your respect for your customers seem to be non-existent. It seems customers now have to fight and argue for hours for a decent broadband service to be provided and maybe after that some are lucky enough to get it. I did not. I am not prepared to argue with you any longer. Yesterday's troubles dealing with you were more than I can bear. I have decided to look elsewhere and go with a different broadband provider which, by the way, is a lot cheaper. 

Judging by the low esteem you have for loyal customers like me, I guess you won't last long in the market. Unless, of course, you wake up and soon go back to be the good company that you used to be years ago.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi purpledot,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?