cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Need to cancel, advice needed.

DLtthelp
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I am moving on 21 Feb and have been offered the same monthly price but sadly only half the speed is available. Those speeds won’t work for me  but I have around a year left in my contract. I’ve been quoted around £127 to cancel - this seems unfair as I can’t justify a fresh 24 month contract on half the speed (I need better speeds, work from home, sky glass etc). 

surely I can appeal that level of fee. I understand I’m in a contract but that’s just hugely excessive in my view. 

what are my options?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Sorry for the problems you have had, there is a call scheduled for the 7th around 2pm.

0 Likes

DLtthelp
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Well, what a development this took.

i called today, accepted a home move, same price and the minimum guaranteed speed seemed workable after all (50 ish Meg). Go live date in three weeks time, when I move in to the new place. 

now, would I have under any circumstances asked for my services here to cease today? Bearing in mind I have three weeks left living here? Of course I wouldn’t…..but that’s what talk talk have done. Services here ceased today, no internet, can’t be switched back on apparently. I’ve been promised a call in 24-48 hours. Absolutely atrocious service, what a complete farce. Can’t use my sky glass tv, can’t work, nothing. Brilliant work. Bravo. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi DLtthelp

If the speed is down to the line capacity or distance from the exchange,   then it will be the same with all providers who use the Openreach network, as we can actually provide a service, if you cancel then the cancellation fee stands. 

Sorry. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

@DLtthelp ,

You say the speed of service TalkTalk can provide as your new address is not good enough, so what is your plan if you cancel? I'm guessing you have already seen/contacted another ISP who can offer you a service providing the speed you need at that address? If so, have you considered asking them if they will cover your TalkTalk termination fee? I believe some ISPs do that as an incentive to switch to them.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

You can only cancel by phoning up, @DLtthelp, and they'll require 30 days' notice at your current tariff.

You can try to haggle re the termination fees, but I suspect you may have to brace yourself for disappointment. You are still in contract, and while there are always possible problems with not being able get the same service at a new premises, Talktalk also needs to protect itself against people simply leaving while within their minimum term and has its own costs to consider.

The number to phone is 03451 720088, next open on Monday from 9am - 7pm.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes