Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

WiFi hub

Anybody elses WiFi hub absolutely rubbish? Anything hard wired is absolutely fine. Any WiFi devices are shocking (I know WiFi can't be compared to wired etc..) it's either so slow I have to use 5g on my phone which defeats the object or I have to wai...

Disconnections daily

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its bee...

Terrible Lag when gaming

Recently when I have been gaming I keep getting terrible lag, I've seen it go over 800MS at one point making it near impossible to play. Generally the service is fine but over the last week and a half 2 weeks it has gotton really bad. Now I will say ...

mitch_79 by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Feel like I’m banging my head against a wall!

Hello, For some background I have lived in my property for 4 years which has had a stable connection until a few weeks ago with various providers. I used to be a computer and load balancing engineer and have a fair amount of knowledge. I have been su...

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...

Wifi speed

Hi there I have a problem again, my wifi is very very slow for some reason even tho I have like 4 or 5 devices connected to it and I am very close to thr router. No matter what I do it is still very slow, my download speed is 1.65 and my upload speed...

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Gaming Latency

Hi, i've recently started playing online again on my ps5. The connection speeds download and upload are fine, everything works super fast but when i play a game online there is so much lag and interference that its unbearable to play. I've tried rese...

Paschal94 by Popular Poster
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Bloatbuffer

Hi experience buffer with tv Wired connection anybody know how to set up SQM in super router to get rid if bufferbloat.Tia

Broadband patchy as hell.

Broadband has been up and down since the 1st when the "maintenance" was performed. Had checks done and no problem detected and with the amount of people complaining about this exact same thing is leading me to believe something went wrong with the ma...

PACKET LOSS ISSUES - STILL!!!!

I have had packet loss issues for over a week now. Talk Talk just doing nothing to fix this. I have been sent out 2 different routers both of which has had ZERO difference. I have tried everything my end to ensure it is not a hardware issue. I have t...

megmog29 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

possible router issues

hiIm using your award winning router and im on fiber65 Ive noticed that when i stream (All4 in HD) using talk talk power line adapters, connected to the router I have a PC also cabled to the router. when i run the speed tests Im getting 0.2 mb up as ...

tt speed.JPG tt speed 2.JPG

poor bandwidth

Hi all, I've been experiencing really slow connenction for about 4 months (since I got a new router) with 0.3mbps (all the time no matter what) upload; and roughly 14mbps download on my fiber 35 contract. I had the same router previously (FAST 5364-3...

Latency and Wi Fi problem on mobile phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy A20e mobile phone and whenever I go into the service centre it shows the following issues, has anyone any suggestions please. Your Wi-Fi latency has been high for this device.Slower than average Wi-Fi speeds have been detected...

TrevorW1 by Conversation Starter
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Large lag spikes/high ping

Hello, Seem to be having an issue where at random points I get very bad ping/large lag spikes for about 30 seconds every few hours. Sometimes it will fully disconnect me from either the game I'm playing or a voice call. It's been happening every day ...

Disable Automatic Wireless Channel Selection

Hi, Could someone point me in the right direction with Disabling the Automatic Wireless Channel Selection? I try changing the Wireless Channel to 108 and it works a treat but after some time it automatically changes back, This is on 5Ghz... Unable to...

ping suddenly rises out of nowhere

Hey, Ever since last week, my ping went from around 17-19ms all the way to 28-30ms. Download and upload have remained the same. I am on ethernet, it's been running all good until last week where it just dipped and I have no idea how to fix it.

Screenshot_70.png

High latency variation and packet loss

Hello,For several weeks now i've been experiencing high latency variation and packet loss that result in sluggish and jittery gaming.I've seen several posts of people with the same problem but not really a solution or explanation.I use my internet fo...

Horadrim by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre 65 Incredibly Slow

Talk talk is big joking I have the broadband 65 or fibre 65 whatever it’s called and IM GETTING 40MBPS ON LAN CABLE. Upstairs trying to use Internet is like trying to lick your elbow. IMPOSSIBLE. And when it does work it cuts out every 4 seconds. I h...

Really slow internet at 1Mbps!

So I've tried to get this sorted on customer live chat and it just doesn't happen, I know there is maintenance happening in my area right now. But my internet has been this slow for months way before this maintenance come up, now we was guaranteed 26...

Wmtsat by Team Player
  • 37 replies
  • 1 like

DNS server latency issues

Hello, I am having issues with my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub and its latency with the DNS server. I have attempted a 8.8.8.8 ping from my laptop and get an average 210ms. When I ping 192.168.1.1 I get an average of 1ms so I know it's not the connection from ...

Labels