cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband issues

SClarke
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

For the last week, although I'm seeing 4-5 Mbps download speeds, Latency and Jitter are extremely high.  That TalkTalk "test your connection" service hangs and broadband is so poor I cannot complete basic internet banking tasks.  I've re-booted TalkTalk hub, checked all connections.  I did notice an engineer working in the road installing fibre (not for me).  Any ideas how to proceed?

S
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Morning SClarke,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is there any noise on your voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have a different router that you could test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Staff will not be on the forum over the weekend, @SClarke. If banking is essential today you might be better using mobile data to get by.

Staff will follow up on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

SClarke
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Today I cannot even log-in to internet banking.

Latency ranges between 1 and 900.  Jitter scores are 500-600, so the ratio between the two is exponential when Latency score is low.  As the Jitter score means data packets are being "lost", it isn't a surprise internet banking service is struggling.

S
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi SClarke

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Debbie.  Tonight I managed to complete an internet banking transaction that previously failed every evening since Monday, so performance has improved slightly. 

After several tests, Latency is averaging around 760 and Jitter 71%, which seem high - I'll check again tomorrow.

S

Message 7 of 11

Hi SClarke

I've reset the data port and optimised the connection and the line is in sync at 7.2mb.

Please can you monitor the connection over the next 48hrs and let us know how it compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Evening, internet is very slow tonight (various sites).  Have tested Jitter & Latency several times. 

Latency is averaging 700 while jitter is averaging 58%

S
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning SClarke,

Just checking back in to see if you've noticed any improvement over the last 24hrs?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi SClarke

I've reset DLM and your line is currently in sync at just under 7mb.

Please can you monitor the connection/speed over the next 48hrs and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie