cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Very Important - V2 Sagemcom FAST266 Wi-Fi Booster

Do not connect this new version of the FAST266 WiFi booster until you have checked the firmware version on your Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. The Wi-Fi Hub must be running a minimum of V202 firmware, before attempting to connect this V2 Wi-Fi Booster. If it is...

V202 firmware.png

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Netflix

As I had no access to My Account on 24 Sept, go live, I need Talk Talk to resend the email to link Netflix. Who did I contact please?

Salu Gateway

My central heating gateway which is plugged in to port 3 of my router is flashing red meaning that is not communicating with the remote thermostat and timer.Gateway mfr Salus say its a Talk Talk issue and TT sat it's Salus prob.Anyone else either had...

Broadband extender

We have a very poor signal at the back of the house. I have phoned the loyalty team who offered me an extender for £30 but no details of what it was. Will it be the Sagemon Fast 266 and any views on if it works before I buy? Is there a better solutio...

Full Fibre - Restrictions on Remote Desktop Access

Is there some restriction or firewall in place which prevents remote access to our laptop by our company IT services?We have (finally - see other posts) just had full fibre installed which is working (with issues) as of yesterday. However, my wife ha...

JamesyD1 by Team Player
  • 12 replies
  • 1 like

Openreach modem led died

One of the leds on my Openreach modem has stopped working. It’s the internet one. Does the modem need replacing?

Divad3 by Team Player
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre Broadband Activation - Contact Issues

What is the best way to contact Talk Talk about a new Fibre installation that has not been fully completed?The issue I have is that although a BT Openreach engineer completed all his tasks at my house, he was unable to get the service working - becau...

JamesyD1 by Team Player
  • 35 replies
  • 2 like

Resolved! Shell Energy

Why am  I still paying Shell Energy but getting a Talk Talk bill?

tony1902 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Unsolicited Cease Notice

Can anyone help there is an unsolicited cease notice on my Talk Talk account, which has been placed by Sky. Having had numerous conversations with Talk Talk and Sky of which both companies say they cannot remove the cease. Sky wont discuss this with ...

SB601 by Sightseer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Bt openreach modem has died

Hello, How do I get in touch with someone about my modem?I have tried powering on and off,pressed reset button and have checked the socket it is plugged into but nothing is happening,Thanks

Roll back firmware?

Is it possible to roll back my router firmware to what it was before I received the WiFi extender? The priority is for people to be able to hear me on my mobile. Wifi calling doesn't appear to have worked since the latest version. I hear other people...

Equipment return bag

Do equipment return bags get sent automatically or do I need to request one, and if so how? Thanks

No broadband and no phone line for nearly two weeks

Mine and my neighbours broadband and phone line went out during the storms, nearly two weeks ago.I had a Outreach engineer come out, unexpectedly, so I was at work and could not talk to him, a day after I reported it.He managed to run a test from one...

Modem mode on TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2

I'm looking to get a 3rd party router, how do put the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2 into modem mode? I had a look in the advanced settings and couldn't see anything.

rhin1 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Cisco AnyConnect

There is clearly - given the number of posts a Google search reveals - an issue with the Cisco AnyConnect process and TalkTalk. My company's IT support have confirmed they have received a large number of calls on this very subject from the beginning ...

Bill not viewable/available in my account

Having transferred from Shell/Octopus my first bill was not available in my accounts (now Ive finally been able to log on after 3 days !).I now find that again, for the second month you are going to charge me without presenting a bill or account for ...

Openreach or city fibre

Hi teamJust a question my contact runs out a the end of October fibre 65 FTTC on Openreach am thinking of moving to full fibre 150 my question is I have openreach and city fibre supplying on my street and was wondering do you get told witch suppler i...

Da001 by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

How to stay logged in to the Community Forum?

Apologies for posting this here but there doesn't seem to be a section for forum issues.Every time I want to access the forum I have to log in using my email address and the security code emailed to me. Surely it should be possible to stay logged in,...

AndyUK by Whizz Kid
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

ISP username and pasword

Hi I have fibre 150 with TalkTalk. I have a BT OpenReach modem and the TalkTalk router is connected to that.I'm trying to set up a wifi mesh system and need the username and password for the ISP.Anyone know how I can find out this info?TalkTalk techn...

Router Replacement

Hi, Is there a chance to get a replacement router with wifi 6 (or newer)? I've been with TalkTalk for over 5 years and never changed the router. Just signed in a new 24 month contract but have not seen an option to upgrade the equipment.

Pyciu by Newbie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Email chasing payment

I have received an email chasing payment since you have taken over Shell Energy. I log in - it says my account was disconnected in 2021 and there is nothing to pay. We've noticed your recent Direct Debit payment of £35.37 didn't reach us, and your bi...

THIS JUST CANNOT BE A REAL EXPERIENCE?

Yesterday I had my line upgraded from copper to CAT5. My CAT5 doesn't work, my copper doesn't work. I have no internet. I have spent two days chatting to AI bots or possibly real people, each one I speak to before we get started I tell them what is g...