cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

ERROR MESSAGE

We’ve run into a problemSorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue.Please try again later. Keep getting this message, and the internet has become slow to router checked with the LAN and still slow!!

Going back down

Hi after a good run of a month, speeds are dropping again, down from 41 shortly after the Openreach engineer and a new wall box to 30 and holding. (35 to the router) 30 minute reboot hasn't tricked DLM. All suggestions welcome. Also the browse to att...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

DLM reset please?

Could you do a DLM reset for me please? The engineer fixed a couple of faults on the line the other day but it's still a bit slow.

marqous by Whizz Kid
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre 35 Isn't Again

Posted this this am...can't find it pm so trying again. Apologies if this less tidy version is a duplicate. Once again, after almost 12 months, (maybe to the day) my 35Mb service has suddenly dropped into a lower service band which (as last time) is ...

piston by Philosopher
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Why is talktalk so precious about DLM resets?

I just had a terrible experience with customer service yesterday trying to get a DLM reset. I'm on a fibre to the cabinet package (Fibre 60) and I think it's something that TalkTalk should be able to trigger. The reason for asking was that after havi...

harrybarman by Conversation Starter
  • 28 replies
  • 0 like

Broaband Issue - Contact our team button not working

Hi, I've got an issue with my broadband line (I think it's been aggressively DLM'd as I had a fair few power cuts recently and I can see the noise margin on my line is up at 14.2dB, it looks like i'm being banded). The portal is recognising and issue...

Resolved! Help with rep REP-11735155 please

If possible could you kindly divulge the nature of the above? It has seen my speeds drop from 22 to 16. Or is dlm messing around, again.

Divsec by Community Star
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband below guaranteed minimum; chat support not helpful

Current VDSL has dropped from ~60Mbps down about 8 weeks ago to 39Mbps this morning (after a remote reset at around 2am). I don't use TT supplied router, as I have some networking knowledge and work with a Draytek load balancing router. 2nd line shar...

shelmec by Team Player
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Intermittent Disconnects at similar times

Hi, my internet has been intermittent for a while now I've learnt to cope with it since the internet speed is good. But I was away for 3 weeks and out of curiosity I checked how the internet connection has been through logs and have found out somethi...

Disconnections daily

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its bee...

Thanks DLM, not

Hi I've enjoyed an excellent, for my area, rock solid service. No disconnections, no drop outs, nothing bad at all. This obviously upset DLM and it started tweaking 3 or 4 days ago, nett result 20% reduction in speeds. I'm going for a 30 minute reboo...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Ok who dunnit

I've been very lucky recently and my speeds have improved from 18 to 26, brilliant. Today back down to 22. Is this DLM being a total pita? Images to follow.

Divsec by Community Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...

DLM and speed drop

We are experiencing slow download even after upgrade and line repair by openereach upload speed increases immediately but down load remains around 14 on Fibre 65 package but router indicates 65 dies the DLM profile need looking at

DLM not working on new connection

Hi there, My Fibre 65 connection went live on 06 December after being transferred from PlusNet, and ever since then DLM has not kicked in to drop my downstream SnR margin from 18dB to 3dB like it has been for over 5 years. This means that I've lost ~...

Router stats.png
aga84 by Popular Poster
  • 26 replies
  • 0 like