Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Disconnections daily

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its bee...

Thanks DLM, not

Hi I've enjoyed an excellent, for my area, rock solid service. No disconnections, no drop outs, nothing bad at all. This obviously upset DLM and it started tweaking 3 or 4 days ago, nett result 20% reduction in speeds. I'm going for a 30 minute reboo...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Ok who dunnit

I've been very lucky recently and my speeds have improved from 18 to 26, brilliant. Today back down to 22. Is this DLM being a total pita? Images to follow.

Divsec by Community Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...

DLM and speed drop

We are experiencing slow download even after upgrade and line repair by openereach upload speed increases immediately but down load remains around 14 on Fibre 65 package but router indicates 65 dies the DLM profile need looking at

DLM not working on new connection

Hi there, My Fibre 65 connection went live on 06 December after being transferred from PlusNet, and ever since then DLM has not kicked in to drop my downstream SnR margin from 18dB to 3dB like it has been for over 5 years. This means that I've lost ~...

Router stats.png
aga84 by Popular Poster
  • 26 replies
  • 0 like

Misleading Sync Speed on MyAccount vs Router

Good Morning, I noticed a discrepancy with the "speed to your router" on the "MyAccount" section of the talktalk website vs what is actually stated on the router (I also have Openreach data proving the figure on the router is correct). I was hoping t...

DLM reset

Hi I need a DLM reset please. The Openreach engineer has just repaired a fault at the cabinet but was unable to reset the DLM. It's now running about 20 mbps when it should be upwards of 60. I don't need to wait for 10 days for it to work its way up.

dnn8350 by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Request to optimise connection

Please could you optimise my connection again?It worked really well last year, but recently it's slowed right down again. Please refer to this message for all the details: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/ADSL-has-slowed-right-down/m-p/2...

PACKET LOSS ISSUES - STILL!!!!

I have had packet loss issues for over a week now. Talk Talk just doing nothing to fix this. I have been sent out 2 different routers both of which has had ZERO difference. I have tried everything my end to ensure it is not a hardware issue. I have t...

megmog29 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

After months of reliability its all gone down the pan!

Some background - having had a previous problem with an upgrade to 65 from 35 all was fixed and I was happy. Due to OR and limitations at the cab the FTTC max was 48 meg so I was pleased to get 43 meg down and 6.5 meg up at my distance from the cab. ...

mikeyar by Whizz Kid
  • 41 replies
  • 0 like

Reset DLM please ...

Please could my DLM be reset please. My line has been retraining quite consistently for a few days and my upload speed has dropped from about 7000 to now about 2000 - its never been like this before. Please could an OCE have a look and reset or sugge...

jamesvcc by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

DLM

Please reset the line.

TuRbO by Problem Solver
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

DLM reset please

Hi, the bt engineer has been today to fix a landline fault, could you please reset the DLM as the fault has slowed the broadband down. cheersM

marqous by Whizz Kid
  • 38 replies
  • 0 like
Labels