cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

VPN on router

Hi I have got a ASU’s dsl ac88u router trying to set up a VPN on the router using Surfshark. They think. A firewall is blocking it working anyone had the same problem I have changed the DNS ip address as well

Stemanc by Repeat Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Router VPN

I m looking to buy a router that I can use with talktalk but want to set up the router to use a VPN. Surfshark say you can set up a router to do this does anyone know a good router to get ?

Stemanc by Repeat Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

VPN

Every time I try to use a VPN service talk talk stops working

Zscaler keeps dropping every min

App ver: 4.2.0.198For me to WFH I need this VPN on but according to my TECH Bar at work I need to contact my ISP regarding this issue (talktalk wifi hub = FAST 5364-3 T8)

emile by Participant
  • 33 replies
  • 0 like

Connection to wk network drives

HiI have been having problems connecting to my work network drives from home. I can connect on other Wi'Fi networks and 4G. I ordered a new router but this did not sort the problem.If I connect to the network drives via 4G and then switch back to Wi-...

AllysonT by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

I cannot log on to my VPN

I work remotely and I have done for 3 years and all of a sudden, last Monday i was unable to get onto my VPN at home. I have never had any problems before and my IT guy has spent hours trying to find out why, and I mean hours  it has also blocked Te...

Amanda54 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

FastVPN connection issues

Hi, FastVPN was working fine just a few days ago. Now it shows as being connected, but after around a minute internet access is not working, whilst the app still shows that the VPN is on and working. I can connect through FastVPN on my android device...

Unable to access Nord VPN website

Hi, I've been looking to use a VPN and want to have a look at the Nord VPN website but every time I try to access it says it can't provide a secure connect and gives a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Is this being blocked by TalkTalk and if so how can I get ...

Conno by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Work VPN blocked by router

Hello, my router is blocking the VPN from my new workplace. This means I can't work from home (nightmare!) I've checked computer in other places, and hotspot from my phone - it works fine. So it is definitely the TalkTalk router. I tried helpdesk, bu...

ROUTER BLOCKING ACCESS TO VPN

HII am new at TalkTalk. I am trying to found out answer to your supportcase ROUTER BLOCKING ACCESS TO VPNhttps://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Router-blocking-access-to-VPN/td-p/2886526

mareare by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Is my Router VPN compatible

HiHave recently been upgraded to FTTP and would like to run Nord VPN on my TALKTALK SAGEM CS 50001 routerCan you confirm this is possible, ie is my router VPN compatible and is there a guide to outline what steps do I need to do to perform thisMany t...

MickP54 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

NO INTERNET ACCESS WHEN CONNECTED TO VPN

The company I work for uses FortiClient VPN. I can connect to this 90% of the time via WiFi and have no issues. However sporadically when I connect I have no Internet access. This is very random and can either be when I first connect or it can drop a...

Moggy1 by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! I can't access my work VPN (Zscaler) using Talk Talk Broadband

I can't access my work VPN (Zscaler) using Talk Talk BroadbandWork VPN : ZSCALERApp version: 4.1.0.89 However I can access my work VPN using mobile data.I can access my work VPN on other Wi-FI. Until a few weeks ago when I got a new PC build I connec...

jtisc by Participant
  • 20 replies
  • 0 like

Can't connect to GlobalProtect VPN - old router

Hi, There are many community posts with the same topic - see the linked post, and further posts linked within that one: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/GlobalProtect-VPN-D-Link-DSL-3782-Router-causing-problems-while/td-p/2795542 I can't...

mscanlon by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

New router and VPN won’t connect

Hi I have received a new router from talk talk and the VPN for my work laptop won’t connect it I use my old router it is fine. Can someone please help. I have looked at other threads and it seems to it might need a firmware update.

Afphoenix by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Vpn

Our router no longer allows me to connect to my work VPN. Can you help?

Po12345 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

IP address connection problems

When connected to my home internet with my work computers once the inital connection is made it only holds for a few minutes & then the IP address is dropped. This also affects connecting to team viewer from another computer. can anyone suggest how t...

Mcross by Chatterbox
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Pptp vpn not working

Hi, My wife's pptp vpn isn't working. Her work IT have asked that the router firmware is updated (or downgraded?). Phone tech support don't seem to understand the issue. Could someone help?Thanks

CMat123 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 2 like

NEW TALKTALK ROUTER BLOCKING VPN CONNECTION

Router is blocking my work VPNApparent it needs a firmware update. as described here:New TalkTalk router blocking VPN connection - Page 2 - TalkTalk Help & SupportHow do I update the firmware?

MattWest by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Firmware Update

I understand a firmware update will allow me to connect to my firm's VPN. Please could you update for me. Thanks

GPoole by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

vpn not connecting

I have no VPN connection on my new router with you, I used to on my old router and IT at my company have done everything possible but they can't understand why it won't work. I went to a family members house who has the same router for me and I could...

Can't connect to work VPN

Hi, I'm currently unable to connect to my work vpn. If I disconnect my laptop from my home wifi and use my mobile hotspot, it connects without any issues. Can anyone help please? Please see details below:- TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2- version SG4K100136 Tha...

crosa by Chatterbox
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like