cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Unable to resolve VPN

HiHave been able to resolve work VPN / Endpoint for the last 2 years.Since today its cannot reach with timeouts. Works with phone hotspot...Thanks..H

Online banking not working with TalkTalk's DNS servers on PC?

For the last six weeks I have had problems using my Santander online banking at https://retail.santander.co.uk/olb/app/logon/access/#/logon on my PC (Windows 10). I can get logged in which opens my online account at the balance screen but if I try to...

DrStrange by Conversation Starter
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Repeated DNS Failures

A couple of weeks ago had full fibre installed. After a bit of a rocky start most things are nice and fast however every so often certain sites just stop working; the worst by far is one i use for work. Works for a few minutes then drops. Had firmwar...

parkin13 by Team Player
  • 47 replies
  • 0 like

Unable to access Cynergy Bank via the TalkTalk DNS server

I am unable to access the Cynergy Bank website (www.cynergybank.co.uk which has the IP address of 107.162.158.249) via my TalkTalk router. It appears your DNS server can't resolve the address. If I change the primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 in my TalkT...

TalkTalk DNS error

I use TalkTalk's DNS servers for the HomeSafe features. I also use third party e-mail servers. I am having trouble with one of those mail servers - mail.kpryan.co.uk that is on IP address 89.187.85.120. If I ping mail.kpryan.co.uk using Google DNS se...

kevinr1 by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Issues with clearing cache

Hi there, I am working on a website and recently changed hosting space -- the old webhost cancelled just before I switched the nameservers yesterday, so I waited for DNS propagation to filter through... However, it is now showing the new site for eve...

talktalk hub black faulty

I can access the internet, but when I login into the router to configure my wifi setting etc, the router locks up.only option is to reboot. this router is from my contract from 36 months ago. can you send me a replacement.

DNS issue/ Request Firmware update?

Hi, I recently changed over to the new SG4K100136 router to fix previous issue with my old router with blocked internal ports. Thats all working fine now. On my network I have game servers deployed. Minecraft for my family and friends is the one that...

Splatt68 by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

HG635

We have had a HG635 router for a long long time, maybe 7 or 8 years! It's getting unreliable, in that it doesn't seem to be routing things correctly and getting dns errors. I have tried Googles dns servers and opendns but after a week or so the same ...

Screenshot 2023-04-24 17.03.44.png

Router not assigning IP addresses

Yesterday I came home and all my devices were unable to connect to the internet (Sky box, all mobile phones and Computers). I tried the usual stuff turning the router off and on, resetting the router via the pinhole but still no joy, I then phoned ta...

Goragon by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Losing DNS Connection

I'm frequently losing connection to my DNS server. When this happens I can ping a known IP address e.g. 8.8.8.8 but if I ping something like bbc.co.uk it fails. I can sometimes fix it by going to the router admin console and changing DNS providers, s...

JJG_57 by Popular Poster
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

HP laptop crashes wifi for everyone

Hi Daughter has just purchased an HP Pavilion laptop running windows 11 home. It connects to the WiFi, but then, when on Internet it will come up with a bad DNS record and other devices lose connection (eg Phones). Tried all the usual on/off, resets ...

MTB_Andy by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

No internet/broken router - green flashing light

Hi there, Yesterday evening our router (Huawei) accidentally got knocked over and since then we’ve had no internet. The green wireless light keeps flashing and the power light remains on - there’s no other lights on other than those two. Apparently t...

SB2022 by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

DNS Issues

Over the last couple weeks the DNS issues i've been having with Talk Talk seem to pop up every other day now and it's getting ridiculous. With my previous router I had to sign in once and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, because Talk Talk's DNS address jus...

JordanS by Team Player
  • 43 replies
  • 0 like

Connected but no internet - DNS errors in router logs

Internet access - the last 2 days i have been disconnected from the Internet every 30 mins, I reset the router, or turn off for 30 mins and then the network comes back with Internet access but then loses it after another approx 30 mins. My router log...

SHtalk by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

No access to some gaming and social sites

My access to certain gaming and social networking sites has become limited - across devices and browsers my family members use. Sites include: Instagram and Twitter, battle.net, riotgames.com, epicgames.com, and leagueoflegends.com. The block started...

Da4872634 by Conversation Starter
  • 39 replies
  • 0 like

Secondary DNS doesnt get picked up if Primary DNS is down

I have a primary dns server running at home network which I have filled in to the router configuration from the router home page. Since right next to it, there is an option for secondary dns I have pointed it to cloudflared 1.1.1.1 public dns as a fa...

NHS Connection Issues - Checkpoint VPN

HelloI work from home for NHS Southern Health.Today I have just started to have an issue where I keep disconnecting from my organisations VPN.I've attached a screenshot of the router log below. I have had random disconnections occur for a good while ...

log.png
Znidz by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Sagemcom FAST 5364 Router Issues - Firmware upgrade

Hello,I've been having problems with -1. Work VOIP phone has stopped working since - 02/05/22 - when the router had a firmware upgrade.2. Smart meter display stopped connecting to the internet3. Work VPN - As a lot of ppl have been saying in this for...

Booking an Engineer

Hi there, I've just been chatting to technical support on the live chat regarding a broadband problem. We've been having dropouts of DSL connection/signal with the internet and broadband lights going off completely. I've followed the talk talk guides...

Change DNS on DLINK DSL 3782

Hi - I have issues with my VPN client (FortiClient) on my TalkTalk home wifi and my IT department has advised me that I need to change my DNS to 8.8.8.8. However I understand that I am not able to do this by logging into my router admin as I am using...

fva1992 by Chatterbox
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like