Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadband
Have a question about our totally unlimited broadband? Why not ask the community a question.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Weak Security Warning on Apple IOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Sagemcom FAST 5364 Router Issues - Firmware upgrade

Hello,I've been having problems with -1. Work VOIP phone has stopped working since - 02/05/22 - when the router had a firmware upgrade.2. Smart meter display stopped connecting to the internet3. Work VPN - As a lot of ppl have been saying in this for...

Booking an Engineer

Hi there, I've just been chatting to technical support on the live chat regarding a broadband problem. We've been having dropouts of DSL connection/signal with the internet and broadband lights going off completely. I've followed the talk talk guides...

Change DNS on DLINK DSL 3782

Hi - I have issues with my VPN client (FortiClient) on my TalkTalk home wifi and my IT department has advised me that I need to change my DNS to 8.8.8.8. However I understand that I am not able to do this by logging into my router admin as I am using...

fva1992 by Chatterbox
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Firmware Update

Hello there, I saw after some searching that people were requesting an update pushed to their router. We recently upgrade to Fibre 65 and despite the offer saying we would be provided with a new router, we didn't get one sent. So instead we bought on...

DNS service seems to die every few weeks

Fibre 150Every few weeks (sometimes days) our broadband dies. Luckily the first time it did this whilst my wife was connected to a VPN and her broadband was just fine but mine didn't as I was connected directly. I figured that broadband was connected...

Black Hub DNS Setting

Hi, I have recently joined TalkTalk and been sent a WiFi Black Hub (DG8041W) router. I am looking to change the DNS settings and looking at previous forum posts that is not possible with this router. Is there an update to firmware maybe or could the ...

DNS Issues random disconnects

Every now and then I lose internet its only briefly but can be a little annoying. I added some logs in screenshot form I attached to this post. Another other information need just ask. TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hubversion SG4K100130Hardware Version >> FAST5364 ...

wpa_2 by Participant
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Homework Time - What exactly does it do?

Hi, Is there any more detailed explanation beyond the basic provided as below. Homework Time – This is designed to block distracting content such as games websites during specified periods to prevent your kids messing around on the internet instead o...

timple by Team Player
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! IP address of router DNS server

Hello,I have serveral VMs on my host and each has its own IP address. If I log into the router then I can see each one.Some of these VMs are quite old and were created with previous broadband suppliers / routers so for DNS purposes, resolv.conf is po...

norricorp by Popular Poster
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Cannot access server by DynDNS menmonic from LAN side.

I've set up DynDNS on my FAST5364. It works fine: I can access my server from outside my home.However, for debug purposes, I'd like to be able to access my server via the DynDNS mnemonic address from inside my home, but am unable.nslookup (from insid...

kdmcm by Chat Champion
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

No valid IP configuration - ethernet

Since this morning, I’ve been unable to connect using ethernet - the adapter shows ‘unidentified network’ and if I troubleshoot it tells me ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.’ ipconfig /all shows I have a 169.*.*.* IP address - I’ve tri...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

TalkTalk DNS Servers not working

Hi. For the past 24 hours TalkTalk DNS servers have not been working in my area - at least 3 other TalkTalk customers are affected that I know of. I have tried resetting the router, using a different router, microfilter and cables. All of these were ...

Benrp by Conversation Starter
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband dropping

My broadband is constantly dropping.When I try to open a page it mentions a dns error.Often have to switch router off and on again.Have spent over 2 hours on online chat trying to get issue fixed with no success.Really getting fed up, can anyone help...

ge1974 by Popular Poster
  • 20 replies
  • 0 like

Cisco AnyConnect

I'm having serious issues where my work's vpn, Cisco AnyConnect, continuously drops and reconnects. This only happens with Talk Talk, not when I'm using my phone as a hotspot or any other wifi network. From searching the forums this seems to be a kno...

ClaireD2 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Draytek vigor 2866 DNS

Hi There, My broadband went live today. I setup a Draytek Vigor 2866 and its working great. On the router I set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 But in command prompt when I do ipconfig /all it brings up the TalkTalk DNS servers of 79.79.79.79 and 79.7...

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 22.22.51.png Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 22.25.11.png
Aaronf15 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

SAGEMCOM 5364 DNS ISSUES

I am also experiencing DNS issues with my firmware SG4K10002816t.I understand there is a new firmware that fixes these issues. Please can I have this updated on my router.Current Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00Software Version SG4K10002816tGUI Version...

Juksey by Conversation Starter
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi Hub

New WiFi Hub installed successfully to replace old TalkTalk router but can no longer access the site bridgebase.com from any connected device. All other websites are ok. MS Edge reports "bridgebase.com server IP address could not be found" and "ERR_N...

LizElm by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Another customer with access issues to Bridge Base Online

I have been unable to access Bridgebase.com via the router as from last Monday. I do know they had an issue with the servers which are now up and running. I am able to access the site using my data allowance on my mobile phone, but not via the TalkTa...

Spicebwoy by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

On the day I got my first bill, internet failed 3x in 1h :(

I was reluctant to give up my previous provider. I kept telling myself... it will be fine. Well, I should have trusted my instincts.On the day I got my 1st bill, 4 days after installation and 3 days into full use, my internet failed 3x in the last ho...

DNS losing connection overnight

Hi, I hope someone can help with the below. I'm waking up every day to my devices unable to connect outside my local network. I'm able to connect to the Talk Talk router (at 192.168.0.1) and my Asus AiMesh (192.168.0.2) but unable to get anything out...

Router Issues - DNS

Not had this problem for quite some time now but started a week ago you will see from the logs that I have had to reboot my router every day as the internet just stops working - Router at each occasion was showing connected with good download and upl...

devereux by Whizz Kid
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like
Labels